• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sincgars for $500...

linx310

I have a chance to purchase a Sincgars 1439 radio for about $500.

It powers on and completes the self test but they are unsure if it transmits or receives since they don't have the antenna or hand set.

Since it completes the self test does that mean it works or no?

Is $500 a good deal?

wb1895

If I remember correctly, as long as it completes the self test then it should be good to go as long as you have an antenna and hand mic. But, it has been a number of years since I operated one.

jh1990

if i recall right, they'll be just 85-90% of the time when the self test is good, but every once in awhile they wont except the fill even with after completing the self test. just some food for thought but i'm not a commo guy, just a mechanic

linx310

Just debating whether its worth the $500...it would make for a really unique radio setup in M1009...every one has VRC-12s...this would set it apart...

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is a good price if it's a legit offer and if it works. If it does not work there are a couple guys whoi can repair them but be prepared to pay for professional work.

if it pass the self test, when you press the hand set look for the power meter. It should read or see the scale increase. Chances are one of the cards is going to be bad and that is out of the question to repiar unless money isnt an issue. But to have the setup is a good deal. It should transmit in s/c & p/t.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks