• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Single 24 volt battery?

CDR

I see lots of them online but not sure if they have enough amps to start MEP002 has anyone tried this before? Maybe even something out of a power wheels?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can't speak intelligently for the 002 but many a jeep was started with 4HN batteries as were many earlier gasoline gensets.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice, that picture is a 6tl.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
It appears to be mis-worded in the online description. They are replacements for the 24 volt batteries you just need 2 or 4 of them depending on what item or vehicle you are using them in.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was just looking at some of the sites on line. Seems that the always show a pic of a 6tl. Trust me, a 4hn is 24V. The exact size battery in 12V is a 2hn. Call the local Deka or Interstate dealer to get a price. They were selling dry charged on ebay a while back for $155

Ray70

If you want to keep the dual 12v setup and factory hold downs on an MEP-002A you can use a pair of 51R batteries (used in Honda) They are just a tad shorter than a 2HN but barely 1/2" difference. I was recently told by a SS newbie that Sam's Club has them for <$60 each. I personally have had excellent luck with Everstart Maxx (yellow) batteries from Wal-mart , but I do not believe the 51 or 51R is available in the Maxx series, just the regular Everstart. Deka and Interstate are also good. Depending where you buy, be aware of the warranty! BJ's carries Exide Extreme with a 108 month warranty, BUT... only the first 3 months is free replacement then pro-rated from there, where-as everyone else is 2 and 3 year free replacement than pro-rated after that.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks