• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

single and dual cylinder compressors

lawdog1623

Does anyone have experience with dual cylinder compressors? I think my 109 has a dual but the 35a2 has a single cylinder. I have yet to try to run tools off of the air system. Am i correct in assuming that the dual cylinder is better as far as output? I figured it wouldnt be noticeable until you try to run air tools. Does anyone have opinions on this? I have found a dual cylinder conpressor that is near me and very cheap but i already have a new single cylinder spare. I dont want to waste the money if this isnt an upgrade.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do not know what the cfm ratings are but I replaced a failed dual with a new single and I cannot tell the difference in operation between the two. Takes about the same time to go from zero to full pressure with either.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
There is not much difference in the two. I feel the single in my deuce pushes a tad more air than the dual in my wrecker. I know the dual piston is rated at 7.5 cfm.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Ray, that doesn't matter to me. I learned it a long time ago and forgot! It isn't anywhere near my 18cfm shop compressor, so it is slow as tar.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks