• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Single Exhaust on M1009 Question??

Barrman

All of the NA diesel engines in square body trucks were dual from manifold to tail pipe. The 1988 and newer GMT-400 NA 6.2 did have a single exhaust with the cross over under the torque converter area. Those trucks though are IFS and driver side drop front drive shaft. That cross over will not work on a square body solid axle truck. I tried a few years ago. The drive shaft was the problem.

Turbo engines all have a cross over. GM turbo went under the torque converter and Banks turbo went around the front of the engine.

Why are you wanting single exhaust?

cucvrus

My Son just put single exhaust on 2 CUCV's. Why because he wanted to. We used the front Y pipe from a 1987 K10 Chevrolet pickup I had setting here and a 1987 K5 Blazer. Both had 350 gas engines and the exhaust shop stitched the diesel flanges and ran back 4 or 5 inch pipe and he dumped it with a big pipe right at the spare tire mount underneath. It seems to work great and it sounds good. He debuted it Saturday at Rausch Creek. I will try to get some pictures of it. But It sounds real good. No spewing out black smoke and noise like most CUCV's I see with modified exhaust. Dodge's are the worst. There's something about a Dodge diesel that attracts loud obnoxious ignorance. It's a Cummins thing that I do understand. They run just as good if they are a bit quieter and sound better IMHO.

Last edited:

Brogman

Thanks guys just priced a stainless steel 3 inch dual system at a local muffler shop approx. $250.00 including Stainless mufflers. So no money savings worth doing the single. In my day (70 model F150 with 302) duals just didn't last long due to rusting out but SS should be fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks