• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Single Stack Exhaust Install

usmcpatriot

Installed a new single stack exhaust. Old exhaust was fairly rusted, like swiss cheese. Went with a single stack to save cash, and in the event I have to go swimming one day. Performance jumped, and is more silent than the old dual exhaust setup. Will also install a heat shield. Next project is the snorkel.

Attachments

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's the chain on the cross-member for?

Is that a dryer vent on your fender?

Is the drum in the bed, connected to your fuel system?

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos. That's my plan too. Going to use a single exhaust crossover from a 350 gas truck and use a round muffler in the bed with a water flapper on top. For the intake snorkel I plan on 4" bent tubing topped with a Deuce intake hood at the windshield pillar.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats bad azz, Thanks for posting the pics. I have seen many trucks here in Michigan with the single and dual stacks 6" to 10" pipes. I personally do not like their look at all but yours looks more low profile in comparison. I just keep getting the feeling of the old coffee can over the exhaust. God I hated that.....

usmcpatriot

Will post video real soon, so that you all can hear it. I wanted it as quiet as possible, for stealth, LOL. If I put the snorkel in the middle of the hood, the police might get me for obstructed view violation, the snorkel will go where the vent is on the side. The exhaust port is there already, where the high output exhaust fan went backwards to push cooler air inside the engine compartment. The chain is for static electricity, same reason as the ambulances have them. The 55gl is my extra tank and is not connected to the fuel system, when I need fuel I hand pump it to the fuel port. I tried to to keep low profile so as to go under low lying tree brances and such. Thanks for the comments.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would guess any chains you see hanging down are traction aids, not for static.

Like this, Onspot - The Automatic Tire Chain

If that chain you have catches on anything, your gonna rip your cross member out.

OL AG '89

I have seen a rubber strip hanging down before, but never chain. I would think the chain would actually cause static rather than eliminate it. Or at the very least cause sparks as you drive down the pavement roads we have. I guess these are like the ol curb feelers I used to have on my 63 'vette......?

MarcusOReallyus

usmcpatriot

Don't know what kind of muffler, nothing fancy, but told installer to make it as quiet as possible. Here is the link to the video for the sound effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-x26LeP-4&feature=youtu.be

There are many electrons (electric charges) in the air. These electrons move from high denisty to low denisty.
As the ambulances move these charges get stuck on the ambulance and the density of the electron is high on the ambulance.
So the chain hanging from the ambulance moves this charge from the ambulance to the ground or earth that has less charge and prevents ambulance from static
electricity.
All the big vehicles and especially containers that carry petrol or petroleum products have these chains attached to it for the same reason.

Why do Ambulances have Chains underneath them?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know what kind of muffler, nothing fancy, but told installer to make it as quiet as possible. Here is the link to the video for the sound effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP-x26LeP-4&feature=youtu.be

There are many electrons (electric charges) in the air. These electrons move from high denisty to low denisty.
As the ambulances move these charges get stuck on the ambulance and the density of the electron is high on the ambulance.
So the chain hanging from the ambulance moves this charge from the ambulance to the ground or earth that has less charge and prevents ambulance from static
electricity.
All the big vehicles and especially containers that carry petrol or petroleum products have these chains attached to it for the same reason.

Why do Ambulances have Chains underneath them?

Well, it must be true, if it is on the Internet.

btw, read the second from last answer on the page you linked. Traction aids...

usmcpatriot

Someone asked what type muffler I had, they are flowmasters. Yeah thanks Doghead, great idea, I ain't got the money for those though. I figure if I need chains, I'll just buy them for each tire. Heard this will be a **** of a winter up here this year. Working for Napa has its bennies!:D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks