• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Singled out 11.00r20 pics

rickdavis81

My deuce has singled out 11.00r20’s, without hub flip deep dish out. Not sure I like the look. Anyone got pics of one with hub flip from the rear? Trying to decide on flipping my hubs, going back to duals or 395’s.

tobyS

My $.02 is to put dual 11.00 on the rear and get 2 A3 wheels to put 14.5 on, on the front. Will work the way you have it but the cl of the tire is not close to centered on the wheel bearings.

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IMO they look more goofy with the deep side of the dish set inwards because the rear tiretrack will be narrower than your front .. They look a little better with the deep dish set out, the rear tiretrack will be slightly wider than the front....

But tobyS above is correct, you really need to be kind to your wheel bearing centerline... The more a wheel is offset away from centerline, the more leverage it has and it gets increasingly easy for weight to damage the bearings .. Of course this force is multiplied by whatever load you plan to carry in addition to the truck's tare weight .. If you plan to carry anything you really should have duals on it, or find single rims for the rear that are not as offset as the originals

Last edited:

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
...with the deep side of the dish set inwards because the rear tiretrack will be narrower than your front .
...the deep dish set out, the rear tiretrack will be slightly wider than the front.
True if the rear hubs are in the stock position.

With the hubs flipped and the wheel dish inwards, the rear tires track right in line with the fronts and are close to the centerline of the original duals.

If you carry a lot of heavy loads frequently, I'd stick with duals. But single 11x20s have more than enough capacity to meet the payload capacity of the truck. And with the hubs flipped, the wheel bearing loading is near stock.

Here's some pictures of my deuce on single 11x20s with the hubs flipped...

100_3523.jpg100_3525.jpg20201004_134311.jpgWP_20180309_002.jpgInkedWP_20180309_005_LI.jpg

If there's something you want specific pictures or measurements of, let me know.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

With the hubs flipped and the wheel dish inwards, the rear tires track right in line with the fronts and are close to the centerline of the original duals.

If you carry a lot of heavy loads frequently, I'd stick with duals. But single 11x20s have more than enough capacity to meet the payload capacity of the truck. And with the hubs flipped, the wheel bearing loading is near stock.

View attachment 830013If there's something you want specific pictures or measurements of, let me know.
Your truck looks very familiar. Did it ever call GA home?

rickdavis81

View attachment 830013View attachment 830014View attachment 830015View attachment 830016View attachment 830017

If there's something you want specific pictures or measurements of, let me know.
Have any rear pics unloaded without the mudflaps in the way? Mine just seems weirdly wide. I’ve been using it to haul logs out for fire wood which I appreciate the wider stance. I have to climb a Levy and turn before I’m completely on top of it. I debated flipping the hubs while it was torn down for bearing service and wheel cylinders but held off.

M37M35

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have any rear pics unloaded without the mudflaps in the way? Mine just seems weirdly wide. I’ve been using it to haul logs out for fire wood which I appreciate the wider stance. I have to climb a Levy and turn before I’m completely on top of it. I debated flipping the hubs while it was torn down for bearing service and wheel cylinders but held off.
I'll go take some later.

tobyS

Hard part is finding 14.5 and a3 wheels apparently
I have a couple that I was going to put on a 105, not now. Pmransey pulled his but has dual 11.00 rear (looks nice and wide) above. The 14.5 and 11.00 are the same rev/mile.

pmramsey

The 11 x 20s on my A3 are Firestone 831s that I purchased new locally from a commercial shop. The unmounted wheels were sandblasted, the rim edges dressed and inspected for cracks and balance, double-primed, and given two coats of Marine Corps Old Forest Green semi-gloss.

I leave a bit more space between the duels because I prefer to run at 50 PSI when running empty or in soft conditions as opposed to the more typical 80 PSI. This keeps the ride and the hopping and bouncing rear to a minimum not to mention the rears do not auger in so deep in softer conditions.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks