• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Singles for M919

M1075

I am in the process of switching an M919 chassis over to super singles. I bought 2 piece HEMTT rims from Sermis and plan to run the Michelin 16R20 XZL. I changed over one of the rear axles without too much problem. I then swithced to the front and ran into a problem with the rim, especially the valve stem, not clearing the hub (truck has 24" rims stock). So I had to reverse the rim and run them the same way as the rear. This puts the tires way outside the fenders. Short of machining down the hubs, I don't know what else to do. Any ideas/suggestions?

Attachments

98hd

Re: RE: Singles for M919

devilman96 said:
Kinda hard to say w/ out some pics of the problem area... First thought is to relocate the valve stem!
Ditto, I did this on an ATV once to flip the rims. I installed a valve stem backwards in the original hole, and drilled a new hole on the other side for the new stem.

Or I"ve seen flush mount valve stems for regular truck wheels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks