• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Singles or duals on a Shorten DEUCE's rear-end?????

joesco

Trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start my project so I am looking for some advice when I begin my project of shortening my new deuce. Should I do singles all around or keep the duals on the rear?

Plus's / minus's, advantages / disadvantages?

Thanks very much!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
RE: Singles or duals on a Shorten DEUCE

Bigger tires look better singled. If you stay with 900x20s I say dual.

CliffW

Just my 2cents, I just got rims and tires from odiron and here in the near future I will be flipping my rear hubs putting singles on my truck.

i say go diffrent and run some 1100x20s as duals. Just remember you can always take a rim back off, and flip a hub out. Most importantly end up with what yuo think works for you.

Singles!!!!!!!!!!

I'd say go with the singles. The duals on a short wheelbase look kind of goofy to me almost as if it was a circus truck made to do front wheel stands (kind of like short box dually pickups). The singles make the truck look alot stouter in my opinion-

Either way you go the truck will still look cool.
Andy

Headwizard - Your truck really has the Wow :shock: look to it with them big skins.

Steve (DF) - Have never seen your truck before. It is a beauty! [thumbzup]
Some serious time spent refurbishing it and it shows. Hats off to ya.

Spent the day with the guys down here at the local MV junkyard

Fontana:http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=21220

I really have the bug to loose the center axle but not sure if I want to bob it or not. You bobbed guys are an inspiration.

Wait..................

Had to run outside - A B-17 just flew over at about 1200ft agl!!! Probably headed for the Conferderate Air Force guys at the airport by my house.

Got goosebumps right now.

Edit!!!

Hey it just came back over. Grabbed the camera and slammed a picture as it was headed east towards the sun. Ratz. 10 seconds earlier and it would have been directly overhead.

Attachments

55Cameo

I like the look of the duals if you go with the 11.00's like dirtyfingers, personally I don't care for the ndt 9.00's dualed. Singled out I like a bigger tire. The 46's and 53's look really good but with the 53's you should fabricate some lift so they don't rub offroad.

Attachments

55Cameo said:
I like the look of the duals if you go with the 11.00's like dirtyfingers, personally I don't care for the ndt 9.00's dualed. Singled out I like a bigger tire. The 46's and 53's look really good but with the 53's you should fabricate some lift so they don't rub offroad.
I say 53" Single Michelins. With a little body lift, it will turn out looking awesome, just like this one. Man, thanks for the new background.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks