• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

singles vs duels

feldmarshal

As far as a m936 or m816 goes it looks like the singles are higher than the stock duels [lift wise], am I right? Anybody know the aprox cost of converting duels to singles? Is it just a wheel swap or axles and other items. we never had the singles in my unit so I'm not familular with them. 5 ton type is what I'm interested in. Thanks for any input on this. mark

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Singles are typically taller. Dualled wreckers are 11:00 x 20, singles are usually 14:00 x 20.

Cost? No clue, depends on how cheap you can get the tires and rims.

It's a wheel/tire swap. You don't even have to flip the hubs like a Deuce going to singles.

area52

I am going to singles on my wrecker and here is an approx cost:

HEMTT rims - $ 50 each ( might be more now but they are out there)

Tires, 14.00R20 - depends but anywhere from $100 to $250 each

budcaps to extend the front lug studs out for the rims to fit $1.50 each x 20 plus nuts

and costs for mounting if you are not going to do it yourself

so total cost for 7 tires is anywhere from $1100 up to $2100 and more

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
here is a scale drawing of tire sizes which also shows the vehicle lift added by each one over stock, however the 14.00x20 are not included. Just the 9.00, 11.00, and 16.00 (53"). What was the diameter of 14.00x20 tires? Was it 46"?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks