• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Siphoning gas from M880

closedknuckle

Just picked up an old 77 M880. Would like to siphon the old gas out of it, but am having no luck. 3 90 degree turns in fuel filler, and I just cant get any hose or tubing past them.

Any ideas?
thanks,
John

yetti

I drained mine by pulling the line on the fuel pump. I used an electric pump to a gas can from there to get all the old fuel out.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drained mine by pulling the line on the fuel pump. I used an electric pump to a gas can from there to get all the old fuel out.
I agree this is probably the easiest

but you could find yourself a unemployed high school kid with a 4 wheel drive
and I would bet he could get the gas out before you seen him start

6x6guy

Try air pressure to the tank inlet with a rag wraped around the opening ( restrict the pressure - don't over pressure)
and disconect the hose to the motor and attach a length of rubber hose to it- apply pressure to fuel tank
and have lots of containers near by.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks