• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Siren Install Opinions

Tlauden

Well I got this at a heck of a bargain on a siren! and figure, heck why not mount it to the deuce cause it will certainly look weird on my ram 1500. But i would like you folks opinion as where i should mount it. I narrowed down to 3 places

1) on the front bumper facing forward (pics 1&2)

2) on the front driver fender facing forward (pics 3,4,5 )

3) Behind the front bumper on the drivers side ( no pics:cry:)

option 1&2 have the best location for projecting sound, but option 3 will keep it hidden, and then it will have a sorta surprise factor. :p I would choose option 1&2 in a heart beat but heres my problem. There is no protective cage around the wheel :shock: and that thing spins MEGA fast so unless i build a cage it would be extremely dangerous. Option 3's problem is it just doesnt fit there, UNLESS i get frame extensions, which i would love, i wanna extend the bumper and put a top portion on, so it would be like a workbench type deal. this idea would keep it hidden and fingers out of the way.

So any thoughts/comments?!?!?

and before anyone says anything this siren will be used for OFF ROAD USE ONLY, and strictly for fun OFF THE ROAD:-o :-oi know how loud these sirens are when there wound up to full RPM so i will not use it where it should not be used

:beer::beer::beer:
Tyler

Heres some pics for ya'll!! it needs sanded and it will get painted OD green

Attachments

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
When I was in Germany back in the 70's our wrecker had a siren mounted on the left front fender...it was actuated by a pull chain and was driven by the air passing through it.

We used to scare the ell out of the locals with it.:shock:

Billy Bobbed

If you are going to use it the way it is now not painted I would put it under the hood.Paint it OD green then see what it looks like on the fender.Painting it will make a differance.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would not put it in position 1 or 2. I would be stepping on it all the time in 1 and 2 would prohibit the hood side panel from opening flush.

dmetalmiki

easy pizi

Will mount under the bonnet(hood) I have mine there on the offside. (passenger side). on all my trucks. (well two actually one each side.on the wrecker. and 5 ton.) (and) plenty of sound escapes as there is a (handy) (( circular))grill there . will picture my set up tomorrow if I can.
Jeepers it's cold outside! went out and pictured for you and it's 1.29 A.M. took the trucks to a show today. will post in seperate forum later.

The grill openings were cut out using an angle grinder now I came to think.

Attachments

Torisco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dead Center

Put it dead center under bumber (like the bumper step). Put a fine mesh protective screen over the opening to keep juk out (shouldn"t be to hard.

May have to adapt a mounting plate for under the bumper.

Just a crazy idea from an asylum runaway.....

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The right side of the grill opposite the blackout light makes the most sense, it would kinda balance out the look and be protected at the same time. I think dmetal has the right idea.

Stan Leschert

I've got a couple of 12 V 150 Watt sirens of varying parentage.
I am sort of saving them for local emergency responders who don't have a budget.

(Read in ...Search And Rescue.)

If you want to know where to mount the speakers, Tell me what vehicle, and I might be able to tell you which locations DON'T work.

Yes, we have done a few of these.

The M135 has a hidden HeathKit ... ( it sounds just like an old wind up siren),
and my F250 has a hidden Federal Signal as part of the truck alarm system.

You know, keeping My tools under My ownership....

Unless you have written authorization to use these things on the road,
DO NOT! Under Any circumstances.

The LEO's have had their sense of humor removed at the Police Academy!

Last edited:

CobraCDR

Best mounting for sirens is an unobstructed, forward facing position, that being said, unless you are an emergency vehicle, you will visually draw enough attention for even having it mounted. If all you want is off road fun, I would recommend under the hood somewhere, you loose a little sound projection, but also avoid drawing the attention to what is otherwise a prohibited accessory.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks