• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Site Problems

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is anyone experiencing a slowdown of the site since last night after the outage? Was there an outage?

I just checked other sites and Speedtest shows normal and even a little faster this morning but SS is painful almost to the point of unusable.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
can not log out, slow, ect.

Is there a PROBLEM with the site, do not have a problem with any other site=, even Walters Model Railroad catalog is at normal speed.
1- Very Slooooooooooooooooooooow, think this is the cause of 2 and 3
2--Cannot log out
3--Cannot open attachments

It is like the site does not read the curser in certain places

Last edited:

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And just like that it is back to normal. I have had trouble all morning until 2 minutes ago. I hit refresh and it came back immediately. Now everything seems normal.

???

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know... I'm currently staying in Panama City (Central America) and SS has been faster than ever for me, all these days!:)

G.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The hosting firm we use was having some routing issues. I actually just got off the phone with them. They've replaced the core router on their network just now.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's sort of what it looked like. Routing issues or connectivity on the back end servers.

:)

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We had problems over the holiday break at the university. A system decided to start attacking sites off-campus.....that's a bad thing.

Welcome to 2014.

zout

Here all along I thought I had a worse hangover than normal from new years eve - everything was in slow motion this morning and last night - what a relief. Great Job again Drew

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Holymoly, don't google that!