• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sitting on side of road

DavisM38

Headed for Iola, Wisc and engine didn't feel right, pulled over and after inspection noticed harmonic balancer is not spinning true, yet the outer ring of the balance is not loose. From my car experience harmonic balancers should spin true. Does anyone know something that I don't? I'm thinking we need to turn around and head home...

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Discretion is the better part of valor. I would limp it on home.

But I'm old enough not to need the excitement.

DeucesWild11

I would head back, things don't usually get better without attention. Was looking through Eastern Surplus inventory online earlier today, if you need a balancer they have good used ones in stock for $125.. just FYI.

DavisM38

Thanks for the info. Headed home and saw a campsite so decided to go for it. Camping for the night since we already have everything. Heading the rest of the way home in the morning.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Take care and have fun camping. My civi truck broke down leaving the Haspin Rally this summer and the cat and I camped out in the WalMart parking lot.

ke5eua

And you're a redneck gearhead if you've ever replaced a clutch in a parking lot....

:whistle:
I did a thermostat in my F250 in -2 degrees at an Autozone parking lot. Guy thought I was crazy, had to do something truck would only get to 90 degrees running hard, 60 at idle.

That was the day I learned snow is not a good way to clean your hands, lol

Were all a little redneck in this hobby IMHO

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replaced a starter in the Post Office parking lot. Many alternators in the Autozone parking lot.

armytruck63

You are a redneck if you've had to help a friend start a clapped-out, fully loaded U-Haul truck by jumping the starter terminals with a big screwdriver.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks