• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Six Blade 20" Fan

Installed my Hayden 2799 clutch, derale 17120 fan, and high flow 185 degree thermostat today, then I took it for a drive. It was 108 degrees out and I drove it up a big 10mile hill. The motor was under a pretty good load the whole time and it didn't get above 190 the whole time. On the way down the hill the temp dropped to 170 pretty quickly and stayed there. The new fan moves quite a bit of air and I'm happy with these upgrades.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to hear. This should take the blown head gasket worries away. I know its hard to tell at 108 outside. But do you think the interior was any cooler?

Jozseph

Installed my Hayden 2799 clutch, derale 17120 fan, and high flow 185 degree thermostat today, then I took it for a drive. It was 108 degrees out and I drove it up a big 10mile hill. The motor was under a pretty good load the whole time and it didn't get above 190 the whole time. On the way down the hill the temp dropped to 170 pretty quickly and stayed there. The new fan moves quite a bit of air and I'm happy with these upgrades.

FWIW, consider also using a cooler addditive.

There are several products on the market, the one I used is the Super Coolent brand by hy-per lub, manfactures product page at:

http://www.hyperlube.com/c3/super-coolant-c8.html

There are also other brands.

Regards

Joseph

sschaefer3

Installed a Hayden 2799 clutch, Derale 17120 fan, and Robert Shaw High Flow 370-180 Substitute thermostat today. Have not taken it out to the mountains yet.

sschaefer3

I drove my M1008 today. Today is 7/7/2017 the importance of that is that it was 117 degrees in Phoenix Arizona today. Yes it is truly terrible. The asphalt gives off more heat that that. I did a 7 mile round trip at 4PM the height of the heat and she got up to 200. Considering the extreme heat here in Phoenix. I think that is pretty good. So I would say I have seen a genuine improvement as I was getting up to 210-220 in temperature under 100 F.

sschaefer3

I took a spin this morning, 40 miles on the I10/I17. She got up to 200 at 65 mph and went down to 180 on surface streets. It's 100 right now with 28% humidity. So I think this is an improvement.

This is also with my AC going full blast.

Last edited:

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AC? Wish mine had a AC. Did you go up to Black Canyon on IH17? That's a good hill for a cooling system test.

sschaefer3

Wow ! So Black Canyon is a city now. I went to trade school in Phoenix in the 1970's and remember driving on I17 to Black Canyon. There was just a gas station and a few homes here and there.
Phoenix is a massive city now. Just south of Black Canyon City is Anthem and New River. There are so many people here now it is crazy. Still really hot in July and Aug its miserable.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My Dad is in Prescott. My 1028 has made the trip from Houston twice. I've only done it in the winter though. A little more than two days each way at 50MPH.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks