• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sixcon Fuel hose fitting tricks

quickfarms

I am having trouble separating the sections on the fuel hose and separating the hose from the tank.

Are there any tricks?

When I rotate the sittings it feels like the locking paws are not letting the fittings rotate enough to separate

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436072386.985035.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1436072401.971931.jpg

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I have not worked with what you have pictured, but in working with similar couplers, I wasn't pushing them together enough to let the pawls free from each-other.

NEIOWA

Can't help you with that.

But could you measure your sixcon? What I'm looking for is the height from the bottom of the cage to the top of the tank (not the top of the cage). IE: if needed to reduce the overall height by removing the top portion of the frame/cage would one "gain" a few inches..

quickfarms

How much are you trying to gain?

The bottom of the tank is about 5" from the bottom

The tank is about 3" or 4" from the top. There is an inspection hole on the top of the tank and a vent fitting

I do have a tank without the cage if your interested

Last edited:

NEIOWA

Thanks very helpful. Looking to stack 2x tanks on a stripped M916A3. But need to get under 11'8" OAL to fit thru fire station door (need reduce by min of 6")

A bare tank sitting on new crossmembers welded into the top of the lower unit frame might do it.

Thought is to do this twice for 3200gal of water.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks