• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Size of woodruff key on Crankshaft?

K5german

I will have to re-cut the woodruff key seat into the crankshaft, it got all torn up and I am filling the old one. Any ideas how I can find out the size? The old seat is totally ruined.
I can't find this info in the manuals anywhere?
I don't have the time or money to pull the engine out to swap the crankshaft, so I'll remove the radiator and plan on filling the old key seat and the re-cut it. I want to get a proper cutter so anyone know the woodruff key no.?

Thanks

Attachments

K5german

Oh, also, while we're at it. Where can I get the seal, bolt and washer. They all went flying!!! The harmonic balancer got wedged in the radiator and tangled in all the belts (thank god) so I still have it.

Thanks for your help!

NPD732

You can get the seal from any auto parts store. Bolt #14022672 and key #106751 are available from GM. The washer #14022673 is not coming up but part # may have changed.

Billy Bobbed

I will have to re-cut the woodruff key seat into the crankshaft, it got all torn up and I am filling the old one. Any ideas how I can find out the size? The old seat is totally ruined.
I can't find this info in the manuals anywhere?
I don't have the time or money to pull the engine out to swap the crankshaft, so I'll remove the radiator and plan on filling the old key seat and the re-cut it. I want to get a proper cutter so anyone know the woodruff key no.?

Thanks
350,305,454.6.2,6.5 use the same key.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks