• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sizzel noise

REDWOLF

I have noticed just in the last couple days sence it has got real cold around here. That a couple seconds after i have got the M1009 started i here a sizzel sound under the dash only for a sec and then it is gone on the drivers side. Any thoughts? Also noticed this morning i do not have any brake lights. I know i have electrical grimlins because i have a right turn signal indecator that stays on somtimes. aua

Barrman

Watch your volt meter. Does it jump up from the middle of the yellow to the middle of the green as soon as the noise stops? That would mean to me that the noise is associated with the glow plug system turning off. Check every connection in that system by taking it off, cleaning it and putting it back together. Then see if the noise still happens.

Stihl029

I too have heard a sizzle sound on occasion mine has come from the resistor for the glowplugs when i manually hold them on for too long. it steamed one time too but it had been sitting for a while when i had those issues. as far as the turn signal goes you most likely have a ground problem or corrosion at the socket.

armytruck63

The right turn indicator staying on probably means one of your turn bulbs is burned out or not making good contact in the socket. Turn the right blinker on and look at the front and rear of the truck to find the bad bulb.

REDWOLF

Got the brack lights fixed a new fuse and oh yea plug the conectore back in on the pedel plunger switch. How in the heck did that come unplug. Grimlens i guess ?:jumpin:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks