• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slaming into gear!

thecbldad

Hello, and Merry Christmas!

I kind of new to the site, bought my first CuCv :D (from 319 great truck great guy!!) not my first diesel and not my first blazer, 5 in the last 20 years.

Well it's running great :shock: but, it looks like the vacuum switch on the IP died on me I have good vac out of the pump and into the switch (steady at 22) out i have 5 . I know i can get a new one from I think doghead but my ? is can I by pass this switch and still drive it without doing harm. At least till I have the $$ to get a new one !! Thanks for Your Help :razz:
You are a great buch of guys and
THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE AND ARE SERVING OUR GREAT COUNTRY !!
Merry Christmas

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why not follow the instructions in the technical manauls to try adjusting it?

There has even been some post about adjusting this valve.

The tranny needs about 8psi from this valve to operate. The vacuum pump supplies ~20psi. So bypassing the valve isn't a good idea.

Last edited:

markg

Hello, and Merry Christmas!

Well it's running great :shock: but, it looks like the vacuum switch on the IP died on me I have good vac out of the pump and into the switch (steady at 22) out i have 5 . I know i can get a new one from I think doghead but my ? is can I by pass this switch and still drive it without doing harm. At least till I have the $$ to get a new one !! Thanks for Your Help :razz:
You are a great buch of guys and
THANK YOU ALL WHO HAVE AND ARE SERVING OUR GREAT COUNTRY !!
Merry Christmas
i agree with warthog but if you must drive use vacume from the pump and choke the size of the hose down as this will limit the amount of vacume to the trans. it will shift early and most of the time you wont even feel it. you can manually shift also to make sure its doing ok. the alternative is what your experiencing. no vacume will cause the trans to "rpm shift" wich is also possible in a pinch. you'll swear the engine will blow before the trans will shift. not good. here is picture, you can actually take these apart and see whats up.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks