• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slant back jerry can/water can mounting clips?

signsup

Transferred slant back from 1151 to my 998. Inside the 1151 rear tub were two jerry can mounts and one Scepter water can mount. I'd like to transfer the hardware to the 998, but have some questions first. In the pics, the two mounts on the drivers side, one fuel and one water, have what appears to be two "stand off" brackets mounted on the inside of the wheelhouse and two footman loops right above them on the top of the wheelhouse. The one water can strap that is still intact appears to clip very well to the footman loop. So, again, I believe the rectangular brackets appear to be "bumpers" to keep the cans from rubbing or squeeking on the wheelhouse side. But, on the passenger side is the same "bumper" and no footman loop or holes that one was ever installed.
So, which is correct? Anyone have a pic of their cans strapped in?

And, I will need to acquire two jerry can straps. Are they unique or generic straps with a loop at one end for the footman loop on the floor of the tub? Any help appreciated.jerry can mount 1.JPGjerry can mount 1.JPGjerry can mount 1.JPGjerry can mount 1.JPGjerry can mount 4.JPGjerry can mount 5.JPG

Attachments

Reactions: OBX

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Transferred slant back from 1151 to my 998. Inside the 1151 rear tub were two jerry can mounts and one Scepter water can mount. I'd like to transfer the hardware to the 998, but have some questions first. In the pics, the two mounts on the drivers side, one fuel and one water, have what appears to be two "stand off" brackets mounted on the inside of the wheelhouse and two footman loops right above them on the top of the wheelhouse. The one water can strap that is still intact appears to clip very well to the footman loop. So, again, I believe the rectangular brackets appear to be "bumpers" to keep the cans from rubbing or squeeking on the wheelhouse side. But, on the passenger side is the same "bumper" and no footman loop or holes that one was ever installed.
So, which is correct? Anyone have a pic of their cans strapped in?

And, I will need to acquire two jerry can straps. Are they unique or generic straps with a loop at one end for the footman loop on the floor of the tub? Any help appreciated.View attachment 901141View attachment 901141View attachment 901141View attachment 901141View attachment 901144View attachment 901145
funnily enough, I just bought a package of the straps last week on ebay.
One end is a loop that's held down by the footman loop, and the other is a hook, with a buckle partway up.

signsup

I saw that listing a while ago. Don't need 10, but can't beat the price. Unless you don't need all 10 of yours and want to part with a few???

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw that listing a while ago. Don't need 10, but can't beat the price. Unless you don't need all 10 of yours and want to part with a few???
I'm planning on keeping them all. I'll probably be taking off some of the buckles to use on some of my ammo can trays

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks