• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slant back rubber seals

par0thead151

i bought a slant back kit that was mostly complete. what it lacks is the rubber gasket that goes between the hard top and the sponsons. I have the gasket that goes on the sponsons and the tub, the hatch seals, the windshield front seal that is blind riveted down, the gasket that roes around the hatch(lacking the brackets on left and right hand sides though)...

I know there must be a rubber gasket that goes between the hard top and the frame along the perimeter of the top. also along the top portion by the hatch. I leafed through Vol 1 and Vol2 of the tech manuals i printed out and only found the part number for the front windshield gasket and the rear hatch handle gasket. all other gaskets are not in my manual.
what gives. i assume i have the wrong manual, however it DOES have a slant back with a breakdown of parts and their corresponding numbers.

basically my progress on my conversion has halted till i can acquire these seals. Im debating replacing ALL seals with new, as i would like for this to be as air and water tight as possible. I suppose this also gives me time to acquire the proper windshield as the one i have now lacks the defrost baffels.

any tips on where to acquire all new seals for my slant back? i wish someone would have a "seal kit" with all the seals needed for the truck. that would sell veyr sell IMO.
thanks

Lawdog734

I've never seen a gasket between the roof and sponsons besides the hatch gasket that is attached to the circumference of the hatch itself. Of every hard top truck I've taken apart or looked at, that space has been filled with goop (silicone type substance).

As for keeping it air and water tight - best of luck with that. I've taken about every precaution that I could to keep water out and it still gets in.....

Last edited:

par0thead151

I've never seen a gasket between the roof and sponsons besides the hatch gasket that is attached to the circumference of the hatch itself. Of every hart top truck I've taken apart or looked at, that space has been filled with goop (silicone type substance).

As for keeping it air and water tight - best of luck with that. I've taken about every precaution that I could to keep water out and it still gets in.....

i know. slant backs are as impervious to water as a sieve. ok well now i know what i need, seal wise as top ones dont exist.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a thick seal between the roof and A-pillar, and there is a another between the roof and the C-pillar support at the sponsons. That one is like an inch thick and 2in wide. Then you have 2 turret bearing O-rings that are 90% of the time are missing or rotted.

par0thead151

does anyone happen to have a photo?
or a NSN# so i can order these seals?
Im guessing i was looking at the wrong TM, as there are a few variants of the hard top troop carriers.

Last edited:

Action

hard top troop carrier?
a hardtop has 4-doors.
a troop carrier has 2 with benches in the back.

you need the parts books that include the m1025 and m1026.

par0thead151

hard top troop carrier?
a hardtop has 4-doors.
a troop carrier has 2 with benches in the back.

you need the parts books that include the m1025 and m1026.

sorry, my mistake. the original truck is a 998 4 door soft top. its in the process of being converted to a slant back 4 door.
il search the m1025 and M1026 TM's
thank you

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have suggestions on how to get the slat back hatch seal on? Seems like the metal is too thick for the gasket to fit.
There are 2 types...one for steel, and one for aluminum hatch.....aluminum one has a bigger gap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks