• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slantback B-Pillar Hardware Question

jake20

Heya!

I'm doing the thing where you look at every pixel of every image on the govplanet listing while you wait for the EUC to clear. I'm starting on the door / turret hole cover plans, but I think I need some insight from some of the more experienced folks here.

This is an M1043A2 Slantback with a turret hole up top, it's obviously been stripped of all the expensive turret goodies, but that's alright. My current issue is the B-Pillars are missing about 1ft worth on each side. This is where the tubular supports for the turret ring were in the past, which are clearly missing now.

I've attached some pictures of what's missing, and a random piece sitting on one of the seats. Trying to figure out what I need to complete that gap now, I've found some B-Pillar covers on ebay that I've also attached pictures of, but not sure if that's going to be what I need.

On a sidenote, I plan on covering the turret hole with a big 1/4" or 1/8" thick aluminum circle, I've already got it quoted from a local shop at a good price. I'm wondering if I'll need to fabricate some supports for the hard top that attach to the remaining existing pillars, in place of the now-elusive turret ring, or if it should be strong enough as-is.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The piece on the seat goes down into the b pillar and attached to the support bar. Bolts run through it and bar to attach it to the truck. The first picture you have is just a trim piece that covers the support bar .

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a really good chance that the covers are still inside your truck. I just
Heya!

I'm doing the thing where you look at every pixel of every image on the govplanet listing while you wait for the EUC to clear. I'm starting on the door / turret hole cover plans, but I think I need some insight from some of the more experienced folks here.

This is an M1043A2 Slantback with a turret hole up top, it's obviously been stripped of all the expensive turret goodies, but that's alright. My current issue is the B-Pillars are missing about 1ft worth on each side. This is where the tubular supports for the turret ring were in the past, which are clearly missing now.

I've attached some pictures of what's missing, and a random piece sitting on one of the seats. Trying to figure out what I need to complete that gap now, I've found some B-Pillar covers on ebay that I've also attached pictures of, but not sure if that's going to be what I need.

On a sidenote, I plan on covering the turret hole with a big 1/4" or 1/8" thick aluminum circle, I've already got it quoted from a local shop at a good price. I'm wondering if I'll need to fabricate some supports for the hard top that attach to the remaining existing pillars, in place of the now-elusive turret ring, or if it should be strong enough as-is.

Thanks everyone!
The covers are probably inside the truck so I wouldn’t worry about buying them. You need the round support tube and 2 blocks that it slides into. You will need 2 blocks for the seatbelt also and a small bracket that screws into the blocks that holds the bottom of your cover on. I tried to find the page in the TM that I ordered from. Retiredwarhorses was a big help with making sure I got the right stuff.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks