• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slantback turret gun mount

Tobbe tank

Hi
I hope someone can help a new-bee on humvee slantback gun turret , i have a m 1025 on its way here from California and in meantime i collect some stuff for it i have a replica .50 simfire i want to mount on the turret for display at shows etc
But i tried to call and email all militaria dealers in Europe that pintle and mount i need but no-one cal help me
I got a offer for this .50 mount today but the seller don't now if it fit
so i hope some of the fine experts on this forum can help me

4803_0.jpg

BLK HMMWV

That's not a good picture of the mount. (great picture of the ammo can mounting bracket)
It looks to be a MK-23 cradle.
It has the correct large vehicle pintle. You will need to also find the correct riser.
Sometimes referred to as a UPA ( Universal Pintle Adapter )
They probably were used with the early HMMWV's
You need to find out what # it is.

Crapgame

Your M23 Equilibrator Mount should fit the riser post listed above.

The adapter sleeve is going to be most economical to ship to Europe, unless you have a need to use the Traverse and Elevation Adapter, then you'd need the UPA with the T&E cross bar and the M3 Tripod Pintle or the Mk64 or Mk93 Mount.

Now the earlier M1025s had the pressed sheetmetal weapon mount, aka crowsfoot, bolted to the front of the weapon tray. I don't know how picky are about correct equipment for what year truck you have. Then the welded/folded sheetmetal weapons mount with the lightening holes seen from the sides on the M1025A1 and A2s.

The later M1114 and M1151 you start to get the milled solid metal turret tray and the milled weapons mount.

The early M1025 with the light aluminum turret bearing weren't really designed to handle the M2HB or Mk19 until the buffered Mk93 evolution of the Mk64 Mount was adopted. But for a Man Rig, the M23, M2HB on M1025 will work just fine.

Attachments

Last edited:

Tobbe tank

Many thanks for your help just a pain to get the pintle and gun mount here most i find is for jeep type ww2
but i will keep searching , thanks for your help

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks