• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slat grill jeep in scrap yard

davesbf

recently drove past a scrap yard that had ww2 jeep setting in yard,of course i made a U turn and went to check with owner.Turns out it was a slat grill (complete).I asked the owner of yard if it could be purchased.The answer i got was"what jeep?i don't have any jeeps"so i questioned why i was standing there looking right at one.He just about threw me out of the place.i left with a headache.The next day i drove past again and it was on top of a 20' pile of scrap metal only now it was the shape of a pretzel,there was not a straight piece of metal on it,i could have cried.sorry i couldn't get pictures,but HAWKMAn CAN TESTIFY to this story of an a------e plain and simple ,mostly just simple.:mad:

KsM715

Sounds like one of those guys that hates the world and gets a kick out of pissing other people off just because he can.

linx310

Send a friend by his place and tell him

"My buddy said he saw a slant grill jeep (model Mod 40.BK which they only made 78 of (make some thing up)) here the other day, I have been looking for one of those for 20 years and I will give you $20,000 for it."

Let him go to bed crying...

davesbf

Bad boys always get rewarded,i hear that his neihbor had 2/ 50's jeep left hand drive mail (DJ's)seems the owner died,so the township calls him and says he can take them for scrap,seems i just can't win,i've been watching them sit under tarps 5' off the road with a sign (NOT FOR SALE)for 10 years :evil: now the jerk gets them for nothing.

HAWKMAN

Sounds like one of those guys that hates the world and gets a kick out of pissing other people off just because he can.
You hit the nail on the head! He's in charge of a rinkie-dink little scrapyard and feels that he's emperior within its 'walls' and after being picked-on as a child he will now dispence his justice to whom he see's fit! Shame that a pis#an* like this gets historic vehicals to destroy:mad:

joshs1ofakindxj

Don't worry.

He'll get what's coming and there is ALWAYS another jeep tucked in a barn or under a tarp on the edge of a field.

For some reason, I have a radar for old jeeps.

I went on a Willy's pickup truck kick and I found one rotting in a field (got it for free for hard parts), another Willy's pickup rotting away in the woods (also got it for free for hard parts), another Willy's truck, complete, sitting next to a barn (got it for $250), a complete but rusty truck in a small barn on a farm (got it for free for hauling it away), and a complete non-running truck on a farm for $500 as a starter for a restoration. ALL were found within a 1 mile radius of my home. Is that crazy or what!

I ended up selling everything except one F-head drive train as a spare for my CJ5 when I was hurting for quick cash for about $1200. I just regret selling my stamped Willy's tail gate with it all. I could use it now!

My dad and brother purchased an almost complete Willy's pickup truck restoration project with a rebuilt Ford 289 V8 to drive me crazy I think. It will be nice to have a complete one at home though. They're a sharp looking truck.

Also in there somewhere I found a $50 CJ5 sitting in someone's back yard. Motor turned over and it needed body work badly but I drug it home anyways. Then some guy passing by offered me $500 for it!

Right now I'm working on getting a free CJ3B near me with a kind of rare half hard top.

The one I regret letting get away was a forward control Jeep truck that was sold at an estate auction down the road from me. It went for a mere $250. The next day it was for sale at a used jeep dealership for $2000! Ah, if only I had got there a few hours earlier.

I also know where there is a almost driveable antique Jeepster car sitting in a shed but I don't have much interest in those.

Old jeeps are everywhere. You just have to look. Once people know you're looking or in the market, they start to find you. I tell everyone I know, if you see something military or jeep, let me know.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just went to a scrapyard a couple weeks ago, had some CJ frames and odds and ends but you can tell they were there a LONG time, not much left. However, did find a couple grills for the Jeep Commando, the WIDE one that went over the fenders. Didn't pick them up, but next time I go in there I will....

davesbf

There is a junk yard near egypt pa.that used to specialize in old military dodges as well as civilian.I'm too old to start more projects but if someone is interested on following up there may be some trucks there yet,used to be called SAUERWINES.good luck!!!!!:drool::driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks