• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave Cable on M37

STSCSS

Need pictures of the slave cable attachment to the body and tips on installing. The previous owners of my M37s have thoughtfully removed them, put blanking plates in and so I have no idea if they are mounted with the pins on the top or on the bottom.
Thanks in advance
Joe

majorhitt

If your previous owners were real nice, they may have even tossed out the spacer. If you could get a look at TM 9-8030, check out page 250 Fig. 130. That will give you all the info you need. If the spacer is missing, looking at the TM you can see that it is wedge shaped. The cowl side panel curves, this spacer will keep the face of the receptacle parallel to the running board. Hope this helps.

greentoys

Joe,
I have the wedge shaped spacer for the cable plug, if you need it.
I took the engine temp sender off and cleaned it up. I looks Ok.
I'll try hooking an Ohm meter to it tomorrow while heating it up to see if it might work.
Ray

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My manual says: Attach the ground cable from the receptacle to the left running board front hanger. Connect the hot receptacle cable to the battery cable side of the switch on the starter. It does not designate which of the sockets in the cable receptacle are + and -. They may be marked on the rubber beside each socket, I can't remember without looking.
Regards Marti

majorhitt

My Cable is bolted to the running board bracket. Don't know if this is the correct spot, didn't get a chance to look in the TMs.

majorhitt

Ok I should have remembered what M543A2 had in his thread for the cable location, too excited trying to help out. One thing that's important is to remove a small amount of paint where the lug is going to be bolted on that hanger. It needs a good clean surface area to provide continuity from the receptacle to the frame. Use some anti oxidant compound on the lug and hanger to prevent corrosion.

1943ht

I too, would like to install the slave cable assembly onto my M37 .. I have the spacer .. just need the slave cable assembly with or without cables .. can anyone tell me where they found / purchased theirs? already checked with John at Midwest he has none available .. Thanks

STSCSS

Got mine installed couple months ago and now having problems getting the cables to work between trucks. as the weather is now back up the point were we minnesotains wear shorts outside (30 Degrees) going to look at the why they are not working

Cav Trooper

I haven't checked out the connections on my slave cable socket but, I'm planning on building a charger box with a Schauer charger I have. I now have to remove the passenger seat and connect the charger. I had one charger go south and Schauer replaced it. Luckily they are in Cincinnati and a 20 min. drive away. I was told by the Schauer factory guy that with my 24 volt system and the size of the batteries that the charger I have will never go into float, it will always charge full tilt. His recommendation was to install a timer in the ac line so, I bought a slave cable and another slave cable receptical and I'm going to build a box with 120vac in to a duplex box inside and plug a timer in and attach the charger to it and set it up to charge once a day for a couple of hours. The slave cable will be the jumper between the charger box and the truck and I won't have to take the passenger seat out all the time. I'll just have to watch out for battery acid fumes building up in the battery box just as a precaution. I think it should work ok.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just got back from our little trip and now have mine installed (mostly). I also now have a spare one of the adapters!:jumpin:

Attachments