• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slave cable plug question

bradmachine

I have an old style 2 prong slave cable plug... but I think some parts are missing. is there a publication that shows the parts diagram of this plug, does anybody have any parts for this 2 prong plug?. I am trying to put together a cable.

rchalmers3

Half a mile from the Broad River
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just built a cable as well. The plug doesn't have many parts to lose: housing, back block, front block, 2 pins, a divider and 2 screws. What do you think you are missing?

A recent thread had a reply that mentioned Saturn Surplus as a source that sells the pins that solder onto the cable ends.

If you need a photo, I have another plug that I am willing to disassemble and photo.

Rick

Last edited:

emr

If he is putting together a cable I would think he had the male ends, not the truck ends, should post a pic of what u have for us to see, like said above there is not much to em...

bradmachine

I just built a cable as well. The plug doesn't have many parts to lose: housing, back block, front block, 2 pins, a divider and 2 screws. What do you think you are missing?

A recent thread had a reply that mentioned Saturn Surplus as a source that sells the pins that solder onto the cable ends.

If you need a photo, I have another plug that I am willing to disassemble and photo.

Rick
I find the new steel soldiers website confusing and hard to navigate.... the old one was easy .... I guess I am old.... anyway..
I have the front block, the part with the pins that plug into the receptacle on the vehicle, and the rubber insulated cover with the spring loaded cap/latch... when I got it apart there are precision brass holes for something to plug into the front block from the backside, probably the two pins that are attached to the wire by the 2 screws and they are held in by the back block...???... I guess I don't have the back block. yes a picture would help.... I think I am missing the back block, 2 pins that probably are held in the precision holes by the back block and the 2 screws that secure the wire in the pins.???.... .... that is clear as mud... so am I in the ballpark on this.???>. I am learning to navigate this new page.... old dogs may not learn new tricks but we can roll over.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks