• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave Receptacle

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Replacing main power cables. How to remove old cables from the slave receptacle? Can't find aslave receptacle.JPGnything in TMs and don't see how to release cables/pins?
Any help greatly appreciated!

slave receptacle.JPG

Guyfang

Staff member
Chris,

No. Wont work that way. Use a punch, or simply PULL it out from the rear. Back a long time ago, there was even a repair kit for the receptacles, AND the Jumper Cables. And, as NDT posted, you needed a propane or an Oxcy Acet. welding outfit to unsolder/solder the connections.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
I just left all the original wires as is and found. Took both ends and routed back up into cabin and bolted them together and hid them case I or next owner need that stuff. Cost about 40 cents, no damage.

Crazyguyla

I read somewhere, think it was a VW forum, about revitalizing stiff rubber with a veggie based oil. I used a punch and a hammer to gently drive the pins out. The punch should fit snugly into the pins. Reattaching the cables isn't to much of a choir. Flux the cable real well, melt solder into the socket, and insert wire into sockets. Once the solder cools, one can let the wires go.

G744

Steel Soldiers Supporter
DOT3 brake fluid makes anything rubber much more 'slippery' for such things.

I keep a shoe polish tin with some in it to dip trailer plugs before hooking them up. Makes it SO much easier.

A drop or two in the backside of the slave recep will make pushing them out/pushing them in a breeze.

DG

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just left all the original wires as is and found. Took both ends and routed back up into cabin and bolted them together and hid them case I or next owner need that stuff. Cost about 40 cents, no damage.
No damage until the next owner tries to slave off his new truck with another and your “bolting them together” causes a 2000 amp dead short. What’s wrong with you.

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
No damage until the next owner tries to slave off his new truck with another and your “bolting them together” causes a 2000 amp dead short. What’s wrong with you.
Hey, when I got the truck the slave cable two ends where just loose , unattached to anything, laying atop the batteries that where not even bolted down. Now that was dangerous. I know the line to be disabled and can not be used.
I am only soul that touched the truck at all, safe enough.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks