• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave start socket.

tankie88

I have ordered a complete kit for my M35a2c.I know where the socket goes but how and where do the cables run to the batts? Can't find nothing on the page search or in the TM's.Or does the kit come with the "idiots guide"?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are holes in the floor of the cab or at least punch outs. Best to run rubber grommets to prevent chaving the cable.

Bill W

Negative lead gets grounded to the frame and positive lead runs to positive (service ) terminal on the batt. Grommets for the cab floor knockouts can be bought at any home improvement or auto store. I think I just put a chafing hose over mine.

tobyS

I have ordered a complete kit for my M35a2c.I know where the socket goes but how and where do the cables run to the batts? Can't find nothing on the page search or in the TM's.Or does the kit come with the "idiots guide"?

Is that the single pin NATO or the 2 pin?

I agree with Bill that a rubber hose works well. I use tire inner-tubes sometimes to insulate also.

Bill W

Thats understandable being the West German defense force was basicly overseen/supplied by the US Military up until the wall came down,

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks