• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sled pull

firedog104

I decided to do a sled pull last night. Deuce is stock except for a Hurst T handle shifter which adds at least 20 hp lol. First pull was in 2nd gear low range, only made it 151 ft before running out of power. Crowd loved it tho. Second pull was 1st gear low range, and the flagger at the end of the track made me stop after 325 feet! I felt like I could have kept going. I love this truck!

dmetalmiki

Pictures or video would be interesting to look at. Bet you enjoyed yourself. I pulled a sled after someone made the comment " "that wouldn't pull the skin of a rice pud'"!. Well It SO did, like you they had the weight all the way to the front, and all the trailer wheels locked..but...No stopeee!. they were (all) well impressed. I was in second gear (and had to "jump" the chain as I had reversed and wished to start in second gear from standstill). Why?..errr Sprags? that's why. you hear the <clang> as I take the slack.
https://youtu.be/gyIYiscMBYc

firedog104

Running all stock ndt's. I'm trying to upload a vid but haven't been successful yet. From the vid it is obvious I am goi g to run out of power quickly.

dilligaf13

Pictures or video would be interesting to look at. Bet you enjoyed yourself. I pulled a sled after someone made the comment " "that wouldn't pull the skin of a rice pud'"!. Well It SO did, like you they had the weight all the way to the front, and all the trailer wheels locked..but...No stopeee!. they were (all) well impressed. I was in second gear (and had to "jump" the chain as I had reversed and wished to start in second gear from standstill). Why?..errr Sprags? that's why. you hear the <clang> as I take the slack.
https://youtu.be/gyIYiscMBYc
Should have pulled him through the port-o-lets at the end of the pull. That'd teach him to not run his mouth next time...

dmetalmiki

Ok that worked ( for me. ( Sound and video)). by playing the attachment straight off the post with VLC media player. but you might find it easier to post videos on utube and then provide the link in future posts . Nice video, would like to see the pull all the way in first gear.

Last edited:

firedog104

https://youtu.be/3qoGDcQeiis

Ok, try that link. Great idea to use youtube. I don't usually post many pics or videos so the process is new to me. Yeah, it was definitely 2nd low. The sled pull people had a drone flying around shooting video, and they said they should have all the videos up next week. I hope they caught my second run. It was a blast! I also won in the exhibition class, giving me a trophy and $400 bucks. It helps that I was the only one in the class though lol. But still-$400 bucks!