• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slick cheap EGT Gauge w/probe (K-type)

Carl_in_NH

For that price I'm also tempted to purchase one - even though I have no intention of turning up the fuel on my truck. Just would be nice to know what the EGT is (part of being an engineer is always wanting more instrumentation, I guess).

nhdiesel

If you get a good non-digital, such as the Isspros I use for my Cummins', you don't need any outside power to run them, only for the light bulb for night viewing. And I'm sure that bulb could be upgraded. There are other brands that don't require outside power as well.

Jim

yeager1

I've looked at the same one, but in 24v. Radio Shack has 95db buzzers in 24v for around $15 and it would keep you from having to watch the gauge, just set to buzzer 50 degrees lower then max.

LiqTenEXp

yeah I am going to pick up one of their 12 v buzzers. I wanted to get this all done in 12v so I can have an excuse to build a 12v dc-dc converter and make finding things like buzzers easier.

steelandcanvas

yeah I am going to pick up one of their 12 v buzzers. I wanted to get this all done in 12v so I can have an excuse to build a 12v dc-dc converter and make finding things like buzzers easier.

24VDC stuff is not hard to find, pretty standard control voltage.
I got my Boost and EGT gauges from Hewitt, I ordered them with 24V red LEDs to match the existing Deuce gauges.

fireman9

Just a thought, Why not use a relay and tie into the low air buzzer? It's surely loud enough and already there. If I heard that go off driving down the road It WOULD make me let off the pedal and likely to tap the brakes just to see..........

Last edited:

LiqTenEXp

installed it, not happy with the paint job on the mount. It was rainy out and the paint didn't dry right. other than that it works great. I was missing the nut that holds that switch on so it is hanging in there a little. I have to repaint that and get another nut for the switch.

Once that is all done the wires will be zipped up out of the way.

Attachments