• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sliding rear glass window

FLINT

Hey guys,

do you know if its possible to put a sliding rear window in a m1028?

If so, is there a source for these?

Any rear window out of a similar aged chevy/gmc truck should work, right?

Thanks!

FLINT

wow, I must be super cheap. I was hoping for like $50 or less.

I noticed a neighbor had a couple old chevy's yesterday and stopped to see if he wanted to sell the rear window and he wanted $150!! I thought that was outrageous.

When I was young, seems like my dad always got used parts off peoples junk cars for little or no money.

seems like everyone thinks their junk is made of gold these days.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
.....When I was young, seems like my dad always got used parts off peoples junk cars for little or no money.........

seems like everyone thinks their junk is made of gold these days.
Mind you, there were days that people thought $5,000 for a completely NEW car was already outrageous rofl (like in the mid 1960s).

Law of demand and supply: if you need it, its expensive, if you want to sell it, its useless junk worth nothing.

FLINT

yes, I definitely wouldn't expect to get a new one shipped for $50, but figured some guy wouldn't mind taking $50 for one sitting in an old truck that's rotting in his field.

Thanks for the links. I actually found one in a local junk yard for $60 which seems reasonable enough. I'll see if I can swing by there soon.

Matt65

I installed a free slider in my 1008 from a friends scrap cab. I found it more difficult than the front glass due to the tighter radius, corners of the glass frame, when setting the seal. Be sure to use the rope trick with dish soap it will make it much easier!

Last edited: