• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slow drip in air tank valve

dkconfiguration

I searched for this in previous threads, but no finds. My 1996 M35A3 has the usual 2 air tanks with drain vales on them, and also a drain valve on a line off to the side of the outer tank. My valve on that outer line, and the valve on the outer tank drain air just fine, but the inner tank (closer to driveshaft) only drips a steady drip of milky water when I open it. It only does the drip when there is pressure in the tanks and if I open the other valves it stops dripping. If I let it drip, it keeps going for a few minutes at least - I haven't tested it all the way to see if it runs out yet. I have not had air come out of it at all yet. Is this bad?

shenkmen

I searched for this in previous threads, but no finds. My 1996 M35A3 has the usual 2 air tanks with drain vales on them, and also a drain valve on a line off to the side of the outer tank. My valve on that outer line, and the valve on the outer tank drain air just fine, but the inner tank (closer to driveshaft) only drips a steady drip of milky water when I open it. It only does the drip when there is pressure in the tanks and if I open the other valves it stops dripping. If I let it drip, it keeps going for a few minutes at least - I haven't tested it all the way to see if it runs out yet. I have not had air come out of it at all yet. Is this bad?
I would open the valve and try unclogging with a piece of wire.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I would make sure the air system is 100% empty and then pull that drain valve. Most of the military valves can be taken apart and cleaned, sounds like it needs it.

I took mine out and replaced them with the "pull cord" type drains. MUCH easier to drain the tanks that way! You should be able to find them on E-gay or at Napa for like $15.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup, I forgot about that. Those spin on desiccant filters are heavy when full of moisture! I have an A3 air drier that will be going on my truck some time.