• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slow Speeds

jeffy777

I thought it said it was void after 11 days after receiving the vehicle???
Even if it is void after 11 days. They only do and warranty that it moves: Operational test is limited to low speed in a confined flat area without load. Differential interlocks, full transmission shifting and functionality of all drive axles cannot be fully verified. Inspector listens for abnormal noises, observes leaks and notes physical damage.

President Camacho

I can't figure out how to get the driver rear panel off. I looked at the service manual but it looks stuck. I see one steel line attached to it but it isn't a factor. I beat on it a little with a rubber mallet but don't want to hurt anything. What's the easiest way to get this thing off? I need to check the tcm.

Action

I can't figure out how to get the driver rear panel off. I looked at the service manual but it looks stuck. I see one steel line attached to it but it isn't a factor. I beat on it a little with a rubber mallet but don't want to hurt anything. What's the easiest way to get this thing off? I need to check the tcm.
Do you mean the fake door (filler panel)?
4 bolts at front and one turn button (dzus) in the top of the fender. The steel wire at the top rear should be holding the fastener to the fender. if that is too tight, put a screwdriver thru the loop and turn it counterclockwise. If it doesn't have the loop, it should have a slot for a flat screwdriver.
Once loose, raise the back up and slide the inner flap out from under the bulkhead.

President Camacho

Cool. Feel like a moron again. I don't see any dzus and I can't see how I don't understand the 'raise the back up and slide the inner flap out from under the bulkhead.' I put grease on the aluminum, removed the front seat, and tried to take it out from back to front but it didn't seem happy. Should I take it out rearword? I see the flap at the back but it looks as if it won't go past the rear fender that protrudes up.

20170217_170420.jpg

Last edited:

Action

are you talking about the door or the piece of the bed? You can PM me your number if you want me to send a couple pics for you tomorrow morning.

Ah, I see that you want the seat back lifted up.. it may be easier to remove the rear door panel and access the TCM from the side. That rear partition of the cab may prevent that panel from coming out. There are 2 of those turn fasteners in that floor panel just behind the driver seat.

Last edited:

President Camacho

Please talk to me like I'm an idiot. Be as descriptive as you can. I don't even know what portion of my post you're referencing when you ask that. Is that inner flap outside or inside the cabin? I see a flap outside in the truck bed but it looks like if I were to try and lift that thing up past it the end would only hit the area which is raised to accommodate the space needed for the tire.

Action

In your picture, that big panel you are trying to lift up is actually the rear seat back that is laid down to create part of the bed. It fits into notches on the side and at the rear. You already pulled it out of those. The front of that panel is hooked to the body just behind the driver seat. Even if you remove the two fasteners, I don't think you will get that panel out, because that vertical wall holding the a/c is preventing the panel from lifting up.
The other option is to remove the rear door. Get in the bed and find a pull pin with a ring on it at each end of the bench seat. Pull those pins out. Lift the bottom of the bench seat up and put the pins back in to hold it up. There is 1 fastener at the top front of the fender holding the door to the fender. It only turns 1/4 turn. Get out. With a 1/4" 12 point socket, remove the 4 bolts holding the front of that door to the body. It is now free. The door has a "flap" attached to the inside which fills in the gap between the seat back and the door. That flap should come out from under the wall. You will be left with a large opening to access the computer box (TCM).

Mjvaden

president camacho, Shoot me a PM and I will send you my number. I have run more 1123s through my shop then probably anyone. Got some Ideas for you. There is a circuit breaker and a transmission relay behind the battery box unfortunately the way that roof and rear wall was designed makes it very difficult to access.

Action

president camacho, Shoot me a PM and I will send you my number. I have run more 1123s through my shop then probably anyone. Got some Ideas for you. There is a circuit breaker and a transmission relay behind the battery box unfortunately the way that roof and rear wall was designed makes it very difficult to access.
Yup, he can access the relay to reset it the same way he has to get to the TCM.

President Camacho

Action, I can't get that flap out from the rear cabin. The bolts and that 1/4" turn bolt is out but there's no way the flap will be able to clear the rear cabin wall. I may have to remove the rivets in the piece that hold the 1/4" turn bolt, remove that assembly, and it should be able to come free by doing that.

Action

Action, I can't get that flap out from the rear cabin. The bolts and that 1/4" turn bolt is out but there's no way the flap will be able to clear the rear cabin wall. I may have to remove the rivets in the piece that hold the 1/4" turn bolt, remove that assembly, and it should be able to come free by doing that.
Or just take the bench seat off. That door removes much easier by raising up the back end and sliding the flap oyt from the wall. But your bench seat is in the way of that. All of this is part of the reason I try to keep my stuff AMGeneral parts.

President Camacho

Want everyone to know I've finally tackled the problem with help. Mjvaden talked with me over the phone, sent pictures, and texted everything that needed to be done. I now have an m1123. I couldn't be more happy. He solved the issue!!! I also want to thank everyone who threw in helpful comments here at the forum!

AND HERE IT IS! ME HAULING ASS!!! :D WOOOT! Mjvaden knows his sh*t.

hmmwspeedo.jpg

Last edited:

linhster

Want everyone to know I've finally tackled the problem with help. Mjvaden talked with me over the phone, sent pictures, and texted everything that needed to be done. I now have an m1123. I couldn't be more happy. He solved the issue!!! I also want to thank everyone who threw in helpful comments here at the forum!

View attachment 667298
Congrats, get to know it and have fun with it.. Yes, there are lots of members with vast knowledge on this forum. We are very lucky to be able to pick their brains on this unique vehicle.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

View attachment 667298

and the solution was?

President Camacho

I had installed new optima batteries and failed to connect the transmission wires correctly onto the battery terminal. Although this was an admittedly self inflicted and dumb mistake on my part, I've come to know my vehicle a lot more. I've learned about the seats in the bed, how the rear rear cabin wall may prevent me from doing some repairs on the vehicle in the future, where the circuit breaker is for the transmission, what the wires connected to the battery are for, and how to remove the drivers seat -which I am cleaning today. So... still very happy it wasn't something more serious and a tad ashamed it was through my own folly.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You're the guy from the "battery connection" thread. I asked you in post 3 of that thread why those wires were not connected. For the future, if you disconnect wires hapazardly, expect things not to work anymore.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks