• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slow Speeds

President Camacho

Right on. Deserved. Used to working on small engines and motorcycles... none of which have electronically controlled transmissions. Leaving wires disconnected to me means either the battery is not going to get charged or a secondary circuit will not be complete such as used for some auxiliary electrical component not integral in the functioning of the vehicle.

linhster

You're the guy from the "battery connection" thread. I asked you in post 3 of that thread why those wires were not connected. For the future, if you disconnect wires hapazardly, expect things not to work anymore.
Sorry to laugh at this but I find a lot irony and humor in this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had installed new optima batteries and failed to connect the transmission wires correctly onto the battery terminal. Although this was an admittedly self inflicted and dumb mistake on my part, I've come to know my vehicle a lot more. I've learned about the seats in the bed, how the rear rear cabin wall may prevent me from doing some repairs on the vehicle in the future, where the circuit breaker is for the transmission, what the wires connected to the battery are for, and how to remove the drivers seat -which I am cleaning today. So... still very happy it wasn't something more serious and a tad ashamed it was through my own folly.
You're the guy from the "battery connection" thread. I asked you in post 3 of that thread why those wires were not connected. For the future, if you disconnect wires hapazardly, expect things not to work anymore.
Sorry to laugh at this but I find a lot irony and humor in this .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have been following this thread, and I am glad things worked out. That being said, in a thread that I started about my slantback, I quoted a corollary of Murphy's law:

"It works better if you plug it in".

Super happy that you're vehicle is driving however according to other posters in other threads, you might go just a little bit slower if you like your engine.

Best,

T

Last edited:

President Camacho

Thanks T. I knew I'd get a good ribbing but what noob hasn't. I appreciate a good friendly jab. Don't mind being a bad example if it prevents more bad examples and I'll be on the lookout for people who mistakenly do what I've done to prevent them the headache. If there's a mistake to be made, I seem to find it. Oh well. Still feel truly indebted to those who took the time to try and help and won't forget it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks