• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sluggish CUCV- Fuel injector issue?

jeffwho@verizon.net

I have a 84 CUCV M-1028 that was running fine on the old military fuel that came in it.Red/pink stuff.I drove it a little,(45-mls.)it was not the strongest 1 i ever drove but seemed fine.All the sudden,No power!It wouldn't even make it up the little hill on my road. I drained the old fuel out,changed the filter and put in some lucas injector cleaner.Primed filter,didn't bleed any injectors.Ran it for 20-min.or so.Same thing,ruff idle,lotta smoke,no power.Tried to run it again next day,same thing.Starts up ok.but poor idle.Only showing 14-k on the clock.Could be org.the seat is not tor up.The rubber floor matt and brake pedal show very little wear.It may be org.Does it sound like and clogged injector problem or the pump? I was told the fuel may be bad that's why i drained it.Looked ok,no sign of h-2o. Any help on this will be great! thanks. JP.

Wolf.Dose

Your problem sounds like a fuel feed issue. You are shure that your fuel pump works propperly, no restrictions in the fuel line? The fuel charging pump on the injection pump also works fine. The valve in the top of the injection pump closes propperly according to the specs? And you have neigther blue or white smoke?
So it is the fuel feed to my opinion.
The red colour in the Diesel fuel is the same stuff that makes the carrots red, in Germany called Karotin. Else it isnthing else as the stuff called in the oil industry heating oil extra light.
Wolf

jeffwho@verizon.net

Sluggish cucv

I'm not sure how to check to see if injector pump is working proper.I just replaced the lift pump,didn't help.Blew air back to tank to clear pick-up in tank.No difference.still no power ,blu smoke,poor idle.Anybody have any idea's?