• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SM465 with a Doug Nash OD

Nickaru

My neighbor came across an SM465 with a Doug Nash overdrive unit on it. It came out of a 1979 two wheel drive, Chevy 1 ton truck.
I've read on here about the SM465 as an alternate transmission to the Turbo 400 and I had a Chevy 4x4 with the SM465 in it and loved it.

I would have to attach a transfer case (NP205?) to the SM465 and then look for an adapter for the Doug Nash. I would also have to find a bell housing and clutch peddle assembly.

Is this transformation worth it?

Attachments

jj

Absolutely grab it! As i understand it, those Doug Nash overdrive units became something called U.S Gear. They were an alternative to the GearVendors overdrive. And, supposedly much more durable, too. I have read reports that U.S Gear is no longer making them. It would be a shame to see it go to waste.