• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

small 24v solargizer on a 12v vehicle?

Whiterabbit

Doable? Found one in the garage and wondered if I could wire it up on a 12Volt truck.
Thanks!

Crap! Found a box full of the big 1'x2' ones! Guess I'll be asking some solar panel questions this year!

Last edited:

Whiterabbit

The little black control box say 4004-12-24 and the 6"x6" solar panel says 12-24v.
Put a multimeter on it, 150-190VDC in direct sunlight. It must be an early one, no led light and the solar panel backing is a kind'a clear material. It does squeal which I read is normal.

Ok, more searching on the web. This model will work on a 12V system.....I think.

Last edited:

papakb

Go back online and do some research before you go mounting them on your vehicles. The Solargizers are NOT battery chargers, they are battery maintainers. If you want to charge your batteries you want solar panels with charge controllers.

Kurt
KG6KMJ

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks