• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Small holes drilled in top rail of bed

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys. Anyone know why there would be small holes drilled down the top rail on both sides of the bed? The ones on the passenger side are around 1/8". The ones on the driver side are around 1/16". They're not lined up straight, so they look like they were drilled by hand. Any ideas?

Small Holes.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could be anything from a special mod done by the unit that had the truck or an owner that mounted Christmas lights on it. :)

I had a box on the back of my first Deuce and it used different mounting brackets even though it was a cheap box right from the military.

dabtl

I have a deuce with some small chains, maybe three or four links each, screwed on the sides of the bed. No idea what they are for, just that they might come in handy one day for something.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a deuce with some small chains, maybe three or four links each, screwed on the sides of the bed. No idea what they are for, just that they might come in handy one day for something.
Got any pics of it?

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, may never know what they were for. The truck has only had one other owner since Uncle Sam. He got it from GL. He never even drove the truck. He was going to restore the truck, but it just sat for a few years then I bought it.

TruckGuy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't think they would help the aerodynamics of the truck any. They're in the wrong direction, would need to be drilled front to back. :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks