• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

small road trip

m880guy

over the weekend i took a small road trip to a very small town north of wausau, i put a ful tank of gas in her, and off i went, i cruised very comfortably at 55 mph or so, now that i have all the major bugs worked out of my truck i very much love it, but ive been thinking of ditching the tank in there and putting a newer tank from a newer dodge, maybe a newer more powerful 318, but for now its a good running work truck that cant be stoped by the loca terrain HA HA

jumpmasterjim

Cool. The 318 is a great engine. I've had a few. One in my 72 charger( I wish I still had that one) and an old Volare station wagon that also had a 3 speed manual transmission. Always ran great. good luck.

m880guy

i found a running 318 for 200 bucks off a buddy, one from the early 80s that puts out about 200 horse or so, i dont know if i want to buy it, if the fuel were cheaper i would look for a cummins but that aint happening, the fuel tank is off another 80's truck, so the mounting brackets should line up on the frame