• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Small tool found in deuce. What is it?

chadande

This hose and tool were in the Deuce when I bought it. I tossed it in a box and found it cleaning up in the garage this weekend.

I would have guessed it was to fill tires, but it is straight through with no valve of any kind. Curiously the treaded end fits neither end of the hose it is connected to.

It has this stamped into it:
Schrader
Reg US PAt Off.
Made in USA
Patent Aug.18.25

Anybody know what it is?

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
that is used to clip the air chuk onto then inflate something

Last edited:

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
It's a valve tool. Used to remove the Schrader valve from the valve stem, and to clean up threads/round out bent ends. Good find!
Mike, don't think so, the tapered end is smooth, the two sides don't have the tap end, and the valve puller slotted end, unless it comes apart at the nut to give you the needed ends

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is one of the BII tools. It is the "blow nozzle". Place the threaded end into the air chuck, put the air chuck in the palm of your hand and place two fingers on the cross bar. Pull and you have a nice blow gun nozzle.

These are fairly hard to come by and are no longer made because they do not meet the OSHA requirements for maximum delivery pressure.

Great find, even has the tether chain with the hose clip.

Taurus454

Sweet find!

I remember the deuces having a hose that was connected somewhere that they could use to inflate tires and clean out things like air filters. Does anybody know where it hooks up, a picture would be appreciated? Also where can I get one?

Thanks in advance!

Tom

pittdog

[thumbzup] Yep! good find ! it is , or was used as a handy blower .connected on the fire wall, pass side. had to use the **** out of it after Mt Saint Helens went off. what a night mare ! kept haven to blow out the air filter every day ! plus our gear, clothing, well, everything! all that at yakima WA. that been said, we had to change oil every @ 50 mi. lots of wheel bearings, seals, etc, etc ! and it's been replaced by a ( hand grip style) regulated by OSHA . hey! great for blowen up air mattres , Out here --- PITTDOG .

hdmax

I am a little late to the party, you are completely correct! It is a blow gun.

It is one of the BII tools. It is the "blow nozzle". Place the threaded end into the air chuck, put the air chuck in the palm of your hand and place two fingers on the cross bar. Pull and you have a nice blow gun nozzle.

These are fairly hard to come by and are no longer made because they do not meet the OSHA requirements for maximum delivery pressure.

Great find, even has the tether chain with the hose clip.

chadande

As with most things it makes all kinds of sense once somebody who knows something clues you in. I had to test it out and have to say it works pretty good. See the pic.

Thanks guys!

Attachments

jamesfrom180

Looks like a candidate for a reinvention when I come across a large steel tire valve off a loader.

Curious could someone post up a pic of the inside of the blow gun. Curious about the valve side and how it worked. Guessing it is identical to the Schrader valves we are all familiar with.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
had to use the **** out of it after Mt Saint Helens went off. what a night mare ! kept haven to blow out the air filter every day ! plus our gear, clothing, well, everything! all that at yakima WA.
And 30 years later that dust is still floating around YTC. Looks pretty cool when an M1 hits a pile. All you see is a huge cloud of dust and a big ol' gun tube coming out of it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks