• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smart start control box

Wire Fox

So I searched for an hour. Where is TM 9-2320-387-24-2 ?

Any chance the tech manuals can be re-labeled by TM number and not by the post or poster? Some are labeled, some are not labeled that way.

T
They don't seem to be on this site at all... I probably grabbed them from LOGSA a while back. I'm uploading them all here, and will report my own post to get a mod's attention to create a nice new collection of them in the TM section for everyone to find.

Well, nevermind uploading them... I tried about five times and the upload tool always fails while processing, even if I just do one file at a time. Here's a direct link to an online copy of the one that you need: http://www.hmmwvinscale.com/HMMWV TM -24 Vol 2.pdf

I can't find any of the same copy of the -1 volume that I have, which is very disappointing... If someone with the power to upload these to the TM forum would like to do so, please PM me and we'll figure out a way for me to get you these manuals so we can share them. I also have the -P volume, so that would be a useful trifecta to have.

Wire Fox

Let me know if this doesn't work.
This should be every single one of them, if one is not included then please notify me.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=13TaN8dzw3dD8YRdaaFCQVcQOX0sDCWwx

Note: The numerical names are still the same, but the description is in front of them so I know what they are.

Best,
Steven
I actually don't see those manuals in there. He's needing the A2/ECV manuals. Note the 387 part in the manual number I referenced above. You do have an excellent resource collection, regardless.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are correct. That one wasn't in the folder. It's uploading currently. Should be available within the hour.
Please post a link because looking for manuals is becoming difficult. Maybe they might split and separate HMMWV from other vehicle AND maybe show TM numbers as post titles rather than other information. Also searchability by TM number would be awesome.

Wire Fox

Please post a link because looking for manuals is becoming difficult. Maybe they might split and separate HMMWV from other vehicle AND maybe show TM numbers as post titles rather than other information. Also searchability by TM number would be awesome.
I concur! If a moderator will work with me, I'd be happy to take the time to sift through everything for them to put together a common naming standard (TM X-XXX-XXX-XXX, then note what each TM # is in the post itself as a quick cross-reference) and to guide them on everything to merge together. Whatever it takes to get it done.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I concur! If a moderator will work with me, I'd be happy to take the time to sift through everything for them to put together a common naming standard (TM X-XXX-XXX-XXX, then note what each TM # is in the post itself as a quick cross-reference) and to guide them on everything to merge together. Whatever it takes to get it done.
Let me knw how I might also help

madeinusa

I know this is old, but I found this and thought I should share my experience for anyone who has been fighting glow plug issues as I had been. so over the last three years I have blown three control boxes, first was dead batteries I think, the second one was mysterious, third one I had smoke coming out of it when jump starting a friend humvee.

I first sent the smoking control box, got it back in under a week, and it works great. now I can control the length of glow and post glow times to save wear and tear in the summer also. i told the guy i would spread the word because he was so nice to me with troubleshooting when I hadn't bought anything at that point.. i guess he use to rebuild all the planb boxes and do some outside hired work for them but now only do duramax conversions for the most part.

Attachments

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Direct links to active E-bay auctions is against TOS on this forum. Please remove or a moderator might reprimand you.

Sorry. I know you want to help.

Dayron84

Direct links to active E-bay auctions is against TOS on this forum. Please remove or a moderator might reprimand you.

Sorry. I know you want to help.
I don’t get this...what’s the harm in posting a link to eBay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don’t get this...what’s the harm in posting a link to eBay?

Not allowed to do links to active auctions because it can either be favorable or disfavorable for the auction results.
Example, someone posts a link on here, talking about how they are going to buy that product. Since a lot of us are nice people, we don't want to bid against others on here if we know about it. This ends up decreasing the number of people bidding, and the person selling gets screwed over . Opposite can be true as well, someone posts something on here that they are selling, and instead of being an impersonal internet auction, now we know and interact with the seller, which can lead to increased sale price, which also reduces the effectiveness of an anonymous internet auction.

There can be deliberate interference in auctions as well if someone doesn't like another person. To keep things simple, nobody can post links to active auctions so there is still some ambiguity as to the outcome and people involved. (there are ways around it by talking about the item and sale in question in greater detail, but that is more work.)

I think there is also something about scripting in links that can sometimes cause issues with the site as well.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm just trying to keep you from getting stress from the site moderators. Like I said, I know you're trying to contribute and help.

Bottom line is that the site operator says no. It is listed in the Terms Of Service for this site. I don't completely understand BUT this site is a great resource so I'm just gonna accept this site operator's decision. Anything else is tilting at a windmill.

Dayron84

It’s not like SS members are the only ones bidding on MV related auctions on eBay. There’s no logic here. If someone posts a link to an auction that they are interested in there are plenty of other people that will bid that have no affiliation to SS. Rules are rules I guess but this makes no sense.

revhrd

I know this is old, but I found this and thought I should share my experience for anyone who has been fighting glow plug issues as I had been. so over the last three years I have blown three control boxes, first was dead batteries I think, the second one was mysterious, third one I had smoke coming out of it when jump starting a friend humvee.

I first sent the smoking control box, got it back in under a week, and it works great. now I can control the length of glow and post glow times to save wear and tear in the summer also. i told the guy i would spread the word because he was so nice to me with troubleshooting when I hadn't bought anything at that point.. i guess he use to rebuild all the planb boxes and do some outside hired work for them but now only do duramax conversions for the most part.
can you elaborate on the overall experience? what is the reasoning behind installing the timer directly into the box instead of a superare bypass installation. How is it wired to the control box? Will this be a bulletproof fix that will not cause problems in the future?
Thanks in advance, I’m a learning lurker that unfortunately has to deal with this issue now.

madeinusa

can you elaborate on the overall experience? what is the reasoning behind installing the timer directly into the box instead of a superare bypass installation. How is it wired to the control box? Will this be a bulletproof fix that will not cause problems in the future?
Thanks in advance, I’m a learning lurker that unfortunately has to deal with this issue now.
I didn't want to cut up my wire harness to install the bypass kit, plus it seemed a little out of my wheel house. I opted for getting my control box fitted after talking to the guy because:

my box was bad again so what did I have to lose.

I cant find anyone that will sell me one that is guaranteed to work, or has been tested before shipment.

the glow and after glow is now adjustable.

it doesn't require any temp sensor input, eliminating another problem that could be why this keeps happening.

I like that it just works!

if I want the glow plugs, I turn the key and wait. if I dont, I start it right up and the controller goes to sleep.

as far bulletproof, time will tell. I'm sure if I get it wet or smash it, it would stop working. I would suggest talking to him about future problems, but when I did, he assured me that the control box still does everything on the truck it use to without having anything to do with the glow plug circuit making all the other circuits more reliable because the glow plugs take over a 100 amps.

overall I'm just happy that its woking again and someone out there was willing to take the time to talk to me about it! after so many glow plug issues on a truck I occasionally use, I was starting to rethink owning it.

Donnie.1990

You wouldn’t happen to have contact info for this guy still would you? I don’t see the service listed on epay anymore. If he’s still doing it I could really use his help.

TOBASH

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You wouldn’t happen to have contact info for this guy still would you? I don’t see the service listed on epay anymore. If he’s still doing it I could really use his help.
He was banned because he was rude and a liar and his stuff was crap. That’s also why he’s out of business

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks