• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smittybilt G.E.A.R. Seatcovers in the M1009

Buckmaw

The wife unit got me a set for Christmas.

I had been drooling over them for a while.

Now to start filling up pouches and strapping crap on.

We took the truck for a ride on the beach Friday.
Here is the obligatory "I love my truck" photo...

Here are the colors the covers come in.

niferous

Those look awesome! I see myself buying some very soon.

Did you use the universal size or did one of the ones they had made for a jeep fit? I like the idea of the back seat but I don't know how it would look folded up.

Last edited:

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've seen those advertised before but don't remember where. Any place local to get them or mail order only?

Somemedic

I remember seeing those kind of seat covers in Quadratech for jeeps with either molle or alice clips. They are def the proverbeal cats pj's.

niferous

Disregard. I see that they advertise them fitting over "most" front seats. I would like to know if it came with covers for both the front seats and the rear or just the front driver's and rear passenger?

I'm going to order some ASAP! :-D

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With that said, I have a really nice canvas seat cover on my M1008 from jatonka. My plans are to pull it back off and have some MOLLE straps sewn on the beack of the seatback and along the front of the bench seat so that I can add a variation of MOLLE packs for my garbage, er,. stuff.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is the best I can do until Thursday (first day home in daylight). The seatcover came from John Tennis and is sweet. I want to devise a better way of securing it but it does fit nice.

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No other colors for that panel Mark? I can either pay to sew that on or buy the strips of material and sew that on. Either way I still need to buy the strapping material to do the front edge of the seat bottom.

Edit, nevermind on the color, just read the details!

Last edited: