• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smoke and Knock

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
... and I can’t drive it until GP sends me the SF97.
Being both a stickler and mildly OCD, I'm going to correct you that you "may" not drive it until the GP sends you the SF97, and even then you may not drive it until it's properly titled and registered.

You can drive it any time you like. ;)

In any event, sorry to hear about the find in the oil! Seems like a good candidate for a duramax conversion!

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you have a GEP engine which most likely you do, it is certainly a candidate for overhaul. Might just need the bottom end done which is not difficult.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Quite possible that 94 A1 does not have a GEP, did not come with one and was not put through RECAP

TNDRIVER

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First off, I would like to thank everyone for your comments and suggestions. Due to a busy schedule I don’t always have time to work on the truck and I can’t drive it until GP sends me the SF97.

Today I had some time during a power outage to work on it a little to further diagnose the problem. I agreed with everyone thinking it was an injector or lifter issue, however, I had wanted to change the oil in it before even getting it delivered. Upon draining the oil I had the luxury of finding metallic shavings on the drain plug which I was really hoping not to find. The recommendations of the knock being a rod is now looking to be the culprit.

I did throw some Lucas in with the oil change, however, I now have to start evaluating my options to either replace the motor, rebuild the motor, or attempt to sell it (which is what the wife wants lol) but I’m researching my options while I wait for the SF97.

Thanks again for all of the input.
Time to drop the oil pan and have a lookie see.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks