• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Smoking engine

69DeuceJuice

After my truck sits and idles a while 30 minutes or so. It will smoke horribly when I give it throttle to take off and drive away and it’ll continue this white smoke for a few seconds as I shift through each gear then it clears up and doesn’t smoke except the normal black diesel smoke. I have a non turbo Hercules multi fuel, is this normal.

rustystud

After my truck sits and idles a while 30 minutes or so. It will smoke horribly when I give it throttle to take off and drive away and it’ll continue this white smoke for a few seconds as I shift through each gear then it clears up and doesn’t smoke except the normal black diesel smoke. I have a non turbo Hercules multi fuel, is this normal.
Like most Diesel engines, it needs to be run, and run hard. This helps to "reseat" the rings on the pistons. If a Diesel is allowed to set for long periods of time the rings loosen up which will cause the engine to burn oil until the rings reseat themselves.
So take your Deuce out for a good long "hard" run and it will be very happy !

RedNBlue

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The smoking after idling for 30 minutes is likely from wet stacking. Like @rustystud mentioned, they're meant to be run. Idling for extended periods doesn't get or keep the engine at optimal running temp, which will likely result in wet stacking, particularly in older diesel engines. Wet stacking results in excessive smoke, carbon buildup, and if experienced over a long period of time, can actually result in fouled injectors, diesel thinning the engine oil, and all sorts of other bad things down the road.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks