• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snorkel install under $100

DEVILDOC

Well today went to the truck store today to get a few things for the WAR PIG...some pipe 4 inch id and a 4 inch id 10in elbow and one band clap ....$61.41 then put it together. Also found some tires 11Rx20 Waste Hauler lug tire....

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Is it for looks or are you addressing the dozens of other issues that come along with the fording "kit"?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you MIG weld the elbow onto the straight piece of tubing?

Although it is only one part of a fording kit I like the fact that the air inlet is right side up instead of sideways. While it might be small there is less chance of filling your air cleaner up with crud since it has to go up instead of sideways.

DEVILDOC

@swbradley just tack it with an mig making sure it was square and plum, then TIG it up.
But you can MIG it no problem.
@patracy yeah there is a lot of other issue that I have not addressed yet,and probably will not get that deep. I have went though some small hole maybe 24-36 inches just made it harder for the guys in those little jeep Cherokees LOL
@jdkneck sure no problem it was a 10inch long 4inch I.D elbow , and 24 inch long 4inch I.D. Straight piece. Exhaust pipe used factory clamp on breather assembly and purchased on band clamp but any will do .:driver:welded elbow to straight piece and clamp the hat to the end also to breather assembly.
Thought about add a brace rod for tube to exhaust that clamps maybe later just going see how it acts,it's not heavy.

silverstate55

Unemployable
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks good, thanks for the pics!!! [thumbzup]

Would love to see photos of those tires mounted on your truck...you'll really like them. Mine came with Goodyear G286 11.00x20 radials mounted, great tires; but I'm going the 395 super-single route.

DEVILDOC

Thanks Silverstate55, I well keep you guys posted on tires, I wanted to keep duals because of hauling.......Slow process !LOL

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You might want to tie in some kind of support onto the exhaust, so it doesn't crack at the bottom.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There was also a regulator & air line to the bell housing with a cable control on the dash, to pressurize the bell housing w/air, to keep the stuff out. The best rule to follow is to keep her out of deep water and especially mud - its far too much work to clean her properly! An Emergency is something!

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks