• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snorkel size for 1009

richingalveston

this snorkel is not what I am trying to achieve, I don't like it running down the fender. I like his pre-cleaner but I am worried about the cfm.
I think the pattern on the side is cool and a nice touch but the welds are a little nasty, could have used a grinder and why go through the trouble of the nice extra art work if your going to throw in a scrap piece of rebar.

With regards to the cfm needs, the best I can do with my math is:

1 cu. ft. =28.31168 liters thus 1 cu. ft. is equal to 4.56723 revolutions of a 6.2 liter engine.
If your engine idles at 800 rpm it will cycle 175 cfm of air flow through it.
If your engine is doing 3000 rpm it will cycle 656.8 cfm of air flow through it.

Adding a turbo I suspect would increase air through the motor by 10% so that would be 192 and 722 cfm.

I think a snorkel head can do the cfm partially because you get the ram air affect also. The pre cleaner at 400 cfm and the engine needing 800 something is going to give.

The pre-cleaners are to large for the cfm from what I can tell. If anyone can help correct my logic or math please do.
If any one knows how to calculate cfm through a tube chime in.
I want to know the cfm capability of a 4 inch tube with approx. one 45 degree turn and one 90 degree turn with total length of 6 foot. would 3.5 inch work?

Thanks,
Rich

richingalveston

jgbhose.com/technical-reference-literature/maximum-recommended-air-flow.asp

still looking for calculators. this chart is for 100 ft and not 8 ft. for calculations I am using 8 ft. until the input of the turbo.

100 ft of 3 inch pipe will have 20 psi on it at 600 cfm. This is input pressure and output flow rate. My situation is trying to calculate suction pressure on 8ft of 4 inch pipe for up to 750 cfm.

Due to work, I cannot work on my truck so all I can do when I have time is think about it and look for stuff on internet.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks