• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

snow chains?

tatra813

Im looking for chains that will fit my Tatra it has 15x21 tires, I was thinking if I got some chains for a 16x20 us tire I could adapt it to fit.
how wide is a 16x20 tire?
does anyone know where surplus or new tires chains are available.
Thanks

ygmir

I have a buddy who drives I-80 over Donner summit quite often
He literally brings back dozens of chains, half of which are big truck chains, that fall off and stay on the side of the road. a lot in really good shape, probably just not secured correctly......
He says they're all over, but, look like chuncks of dirty snow/ice.
Maybe, keep your eye peeled?
Just a thought......
Then,
cut them to fit.

good luck,
Henry

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have converted heavy equipment chains. Like road grader & log skidder chains. A set of chain tongs is a must for working on them. You can extend/shorten the side rails, or shorten the cross links. Running them on pavement is what wears the chains. They last a long time on hard pack or even dirt with mixed snow, or where the snow has be graded down to frozen dirt.

Lee in alaska

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks