• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

snow plow frame

Hello and how is everyone doing. I would like to know if any one has pictures of the truckside plow frame for a deuce.
I was able to aquire a 2 year old Meyer HM9 snow plow for $125 . It was used in only 3 storms and the dumptruck it was on died. The company decided to scrap the whole thing. I was able to purchase the plow.
Most truckside frames i see hang on the front bumper and have two frames extending back to the font axle. Often there is a "c" shaped opening that goes above and below the axle.
Im not so sure that is an acceptable idea on a deuce. If anyone has pictures of their plow frames would you post them. I am not looking to use it commercially. Me and my neighbors driveway and maybe the parking lot at my VFW post if need be.
Thanks metalworker393
Oh yeah, MERRY CHRISTMAS fellow ss members!

Jeepsinker

I certainly wouldn't mount it to the axle, as bad as these trucks are about loosening u-bolts and breaking front suspension mounts. You will probably want to build your own subframe.

Hey larch how are you. I saw that quite a while ago but it doesn't really give any detail on the truckside frame. Looking at the M35 bumper to front leaf spring distance there isint much for attaching a snow plow frame.
I have been considering how they put snow equipment under AG equipment. Kinda like a long frame that runs under the machine. Thanks for your input anyway. metalworker393

daytonatrbo

Hey larch how are you. I saw that quite a while ago but it doesn't really give any detail on the truckside frame. Looking at the M35 bumper to front leaf spring distance there isint much for attaching a snow plow frame.
I have been considering how they put snow equipment under AG equipment. Kinda like a long frame that runs under the machine. Thanks for your input anyway. metalworker393

It looks like theyve done just that. The lower supports seem to go back at an angle that would leave them below the front axle, but eventually meeting the frame.

On light lawn equipment, the plow supports often go all the way back to the rear axle to connect. Some even pivot back there, rather than the short lever arm typical of snow plow frames.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks