• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow plow......specifics.....

lindyp38

Id like to get exact info...of off the shelf snow plow set up....

For my pick up truck.....

I have read several posts here....but mostly deal with custom made plows..that im not set up to do....

Id like specific info for off the shelf plow set up for my truck....

Who, what, where, of the set up......

That i can buy directly.......

Thanks.....

Id like to get exact info...of off the shelf snow plow set up....

For my pick up truck.....

I have read several posts here....but mostly deal with custom made plows..that im not set up to do....

Id like specific info for off the shelf plow set up for my truck....

Who, what, where, of the set up......

That i can buy directly.......

Thanks.....
from the small amount of inquireing i did when looking for mounts for my M1009 -- i wasnt able to come up with anything availible. I kept hearing obsolete.
I would think kits would be still on the shelf somewhere but i didnt find any.. Made my own.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
None of the manufacturers make the frame mounts for the 74-87 Chevy trucks anymore.

Used is all you can get.

lindyp38

heres a business opportunity for someone to make a plow set up we can use........if we can get this off the shelf ......

i know..id wanna buy one.....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you ordered one lately? My local Fisher plow dealer says no way. Same with Western

dstang97

Not lately, but I do know they made Minute mount 1/2's for our truck that could take newer style plows. I do know you can get a Boss plow though

Last edited:

dstang97

I have a 8 ft trip edge super duty steel. It is a great plow If you can not get a fisher. The only thing I do not like about boss is their plow frames Truck side. Other than that I think they are the best plows out there.

Off boss website.

Blade Crate
Plow Box
Undercarriage LTA03660 - UC/RT3,CHEVY 79 - 87
Control Box
Headlight Adapter MSC04599 - LIGHT ADAPTER,OLD CHEV/DODGE/FORD,13PIN
Misc
Options
MSC08042B - BLADE WING EXTENSION KIT
STB04721 - CONTROL KIT RT3 W/SH2 STR JOYSTIK*USEUP*
STB03395 - CURB GUARD KIT,DR SIDE,STR BLADE
STB03394 - CURB GUARD KIT,PS SIDE,STR BLADE
MSC09660 - DASH MOUNT KIT,SMARTTOUCH2
MSC04298 - EMERGENCY PARTS KIT,RT3
HYD01835 - FLUID,HYDRAULIC,HP(1)QUART
MSC09659 - LEG MOUNT KIT,HANDHELD,SMARTTOUCH2
MSC09658 - PEDESTAL MOUNT KIT,SMARTTOUCH2
MSC01565 - SNOW DEFLECTOR
MSC04557 - SNOW DEFLECTOR,STR,POLY, KIT

mikelee

Older truck mounts are out there and very simple to convert over and still keep the brush guard on. I converted mine from an older western plow. These trucks work great for plowing almost don't need 4wd on. As far as new setups I have not seen any however my lower mount will fit newer blade from my neighbor. Here is some pictures

Attachments

Sasquatch

That is a great looking mount, Mikelee. Mine came from the Army with a custom fab'd mount for a Boss V Plow which I love. The mount's ugly as **** and they unfortunately removed the front bumper and brushguard, but it works.

I've got a crazy steep driveway 'bout 800 ft long with 2 switchbacks, so it stays in 4WD and I've got chains on all 4 wheels, it is a beast compared to the 84 blazer I used to plow with.

Attachments

Katahdin

I'm a big fan of Boss Plows with the RT3 Hitch. I have one for a 93' Yukon.

I just called my local Boss Plow dealer and he says he can get the mounts for the 79-87 Chevys for $560 plus freight. I don't know about the military Blazer sway bar fit issue.

Attached is the RT3 mount installation document. Again, ask for the RT3 Hitch. The plow attaches in under 30 seconds if you do your part. You just drive in, plug in two cables, flip two levers, flick a switch and the hydraulics does the rest.

Attachments

Last edited:

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sway bar is the same for civi there is no diff.
Build your own mounts there are very simple I build my own in my shop and put on them on to no problem at all.
Hi Mike lee call me the 1009 in the shop.

willey10

I have a 8 ft. Meyer/Diamond it is 5 years old ,I got a NOS truck plate for my truck from a dealer in New York.I will see if I can find the info for you. The truck plows like a bulldozer I have never broke anything and have pushed heavy Maine snow !! runs off of 12 volt electric over hydraulics system. come off easily and the top part of the head gear comes of in about 5 minutes.Just leaving the bottom push plates on.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks