• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow plow......specifics.....

mangus580

One thing to keep in mind, is alot of the plow mounts wont fit with the CUCV tow hooks on . I modified the fisher minute mount plates to keep my tow hooks. Basically the tow hook mounts are bolted on with a bolt thats commonly used for plow brackets too.

Since I am selling my 1009, I have removed everything from it but the brackets. The way they are installed, I cant take them off without having replacement shackle mounts...

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
plow spec

I'm running a 'hiniker' plow Hiniker Snowplows - Quick-Hitch Snowplow Mounting System - Quick Snowplow Mount and the frame adapter was a standard 73'-87' chev plow adapter.

Here's come pics. I hope we can read the part number on the adapter plate because it should give you some help.

Been pushin' for two days straight so when I'm cognitive again I'll see if your challenges have been solved.

The M1010's a friggin monster. We push some huge lots .........with huge smiles.

Attachments

I'm running a 'hiniker' plow Hiniker Snowplows - Quick-Hitch Snowplow Mounting System - Quick Snowplow Mount and the frame adapter was a standard 73'-87' chev plow adapter.

Here's come pics. I hope we can read the part number on the adapter plate because it should give you some help.

Been pushin' for two days straight so when I'm cognitive again I'll see if your challenges have been solved.

The M1010's a friggin monster. We push some huge lots .........with huge smiles.
dude...i've been meaning to post up since your in edmonton.i think i saw your truck at the pick and pull on the west end this past summer?

not too many m-1010's about in these parts.yours is the first road worthy one iv'e seen besides mine.

my truck is currently down for an engine swap.(cummins...:cool:) i'm glad i missed the snow...flew out that morning (tuesday) for the east coast.glad to see your truck out and working.perhaps i'll see you on the road soon...cheers
:beer:

JPDC

I have a Blizzard 760LT on my M1009. Stock Chevy mount. Just barely rubs the sway bar on the passenger side. Nothing on the drivers side. Truck is the perfect plow truck. Diesel, 2 batts, heavy duty, tight turning radius. I have seen a lot of other plow brands on them (Meyer, Fisher, Boss, etc...)

EagleWrench

If you go to the western plow web page you can get all the Part numbers for new. I just found a western 7.6 for $1200 the mount for a CUCV cost $400-700 plus $50-60 for headlight harness, Unless you can find one that came off of one of these older trucks that is the deal. i have been looking for a few months. You can find the old typr western or Meyers that keeps the motor and pump attached to the truck all the time for less. I opted for the unimount will have about $2300 into after installation. good luck

The G Man

This is a great thread. Looking for a used plow now. Hope to get it all set up with spreader by next winter. Playing in the snow is great with my M1028, however getting paid for it would even be betterrofl

lindyp38

please take a look at sixb pics.....he offered to sell to me....

what would i need to get this going for my truck......

i realize..id need a plow....lol......

but what else......

what would approxiamate price be.....

thanks...mario

Brent.Cain

BOSS plow's makes the whole system and they are vary nice so you dont have to run around with the stupid plow lights stuck on the front of you truck all year around and quick set up a more monay but well worth it

rnd-motorsports

If you can get that setup in sixb pics you will be happy that is for the uni mount western very nice set up have. Plowed 25 + years and would get a western over them all second chioce would be boss have the western 8.5 foot v plow on my 2500hd and two western 7.5 foot straight blades on other trucks somebody said the sway bar is in the way If the mount is correct for the truck the sway bar will not be affected. If I was closer I would be glad to help you out Do alot of installs and maint in the winter when the summer work slows down here in michigan will be hard to find anything new on the shelf for the older trucks like these but there is alot of the older stuff out there and actually pretty easy to adapt some of the 90s truck mounts as the frame was just a little wider so not a big undertaking . Good luck and as stated the unimount you will love will have the all electric pump no cables much nicer and all but lower mount comes off the truck in the summer no pump ,lites and suck stays on ! even not bad to remove lower mount if you like !

rnd-motorsports

here in michigan they sell for about 1200 to 2500 depending on condition now is a bad time to buy a plow, is the in season for them. will pay more. check out ebay put western snowplow in search box will give a good idea on price and may find a good deal ! or whatever brand you want

dstang97

whats your price range? do not get the "hank the handy man" plow that is just screaming bad Idea. For the same price of that plow you can get a nice used one. that is heavy duty.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks