• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Snow plow......specifics.....

lindyp38

no worries........ill eventually get the right complete set up for me.....

one thing..i dont do..is rush into anything........

i appreciate everyones advice here........

ehuppert

Lindy,

I have a older fisher setup on my 08 and I'm local (10 min west of Kingston) if you want to take a look. Push plates were from a 1/2 or 3/4 ton checy, same vintage. Used plow rigs are out there, but now probably isn't the best time to score! Had to remove the front rings and brushgaurd. Was going to modify the brushgaurd, just never got to it!

After further thought, i may know someone that has the push plates etc.

Eric

WPNS421

Last week I purchased a M1008 and i have Boss 7.6ft Super duty plow. I called a local dealer and he found me the right mount for the truck. He ordered it and it should arrive in 2 weeks(Xmas etc). We will transfer the plow from our 2004 GMC to the 1985 Chev M1008. We will transfer the existing wiring harness from one truck to another. The bad thing about all this is the $600 mount, don't forget in Canada things like this are more expensive.

WPNS421

i came across a western plow set up for a chevy truck 1500......will this work for my truck...m1008.....?

thanks
:deadhorse:2cents
The question you have to ask is will the mount fit? If the 1/2 ton has CV joints instead of a full axle the frame will not fit without serious modifications. Don't forget the the M1008 series had a full differential on the front end and this means different setups on the end of the front frame.
Any plow will fit on the truck but you need the special mount for your truck. I spent the money ($600 Cdn) to buy the mount because I have seen too many modified cut up front frames sitting under the transmission when they broke and rolled under the truck.
Don't forget the frame takes the brunt(all) of the weight and has to support the pressure when plowing. This especially try when you hit ice or ice harden snowbanks, I have seen the truck front end come to a crashing halt and be completely off the ground.
With the snowstorms that have been hitting the Northern US lately you will need a good plow. Oh! by the way(not to rub it in, maybe yes) here in the cold North it is a beautiful winter day and it hasn't snowed in 10 days with only a 4 in accumulation. Gee I wish we had more snow.
:-D:-D:-D

EagleWrench

as long as it is a 73-87 1500 the mount should fit other wise i totally agree with the above post. I ran across a couple of ADHOC mounts to say the least. if you run across a good plow you can always recoup bu selling what you dont need. I am goingto try and sell the 98 mount i got with my plow they are about 500-700 new so if i can get half the mounting fee back im happy. Good luck. Got my mount for Storks Auto out of PA.

rnd-motorsports

the front plow mount off of the 1500 will only fit if the truck had a live axle under it back about 1988 they went to the idependant front suspention and the frame was also wider so it will not just bolt on Before that 1/2 ton ,3/4 ton and 1 ton chevy , gmc trucks the mounts were the same as the frame width and sway bars front suspensions were the same for what the plow mount needs anyway! Dont listen to alot that say you cant make one to fit the mounts are made and welded to start with .BUT you need to understand the forces that need to be delt with and handled if you are not a good welder fabricator then a bad weld or poor design can cost bigtime if something breaks or is week. As far as what plow to use everybody likes what they have had good luck with myself western is the only one I will buy. Boss would be second choice. boss uses alot of western parts on there stuff now meyer, curtis,snowway and others are okay just depends on what you want to do but for the long run good money spent I would stay with western or boss and then maybe meyer there I said it . to me meyer mounts and pumps are okay but the plow itself lacks just my 2cents and I have seen some very nice fbrication work on here and out there that looks better then what the plow companys put out there sometimes.

rnd-motorsports

Also a little note . Most of the newer stuff uses neg switched lites and the older stuff like the cucv uses pos switched lites just keep in mind so you check what the system you get was made for rather it will work on what you want to put it on as far as the lites anyways! just not plug and play when swapping like they use to be

sixb

Lindyp38 I still have it since the guy never showed up, it's also removed and ready to ship just in case you change your mind.

Sine Metu

This Post has been great... I have two weeks till I go back to schoolaua, hoping to to rig up a plow, might have to fabricate/ adjust my mount to compensate for the sway bar, but if I get it done I will post pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks